Department: UPS Facilities Grounds and Housekeeping
Advertised Salary Range: $24,398
Advertised Job Summary:
Under very limited supervision from the Director or Superintendent of Landscape Services, is responsible for the preparation, maintenance, and beautification of University properties. Position would be responsible for landscape management at the University of South Carolina Upstate Main Campus, Perimeter Roadways, and George Dean Johnson School of Business.
Perform the following function on USC Upstate Main Campus and surrounding University property:
- Mow and trim grass, operate heavy equipment such as backhoe, skid-steer, forklifts including transferring pallets of fertilizer, sod, plants, etc. Prune/trim trees and shrubs, mulch, plant, water and fertilize shrubs, flowers, trees, turf. Plans student work schedules and coordinates tasks to be completed. Trains student landscapers in proper performance of their duties.
- Weed both mechanically and chemically; pick up and remove litter, leaves, debris; remove snow and ice from walks and roads; perform irrigation installation and repairs.
- Perform maintenance on grounds equipment, tools, irrigation systems, and campus signage, and install/maintain fencing.
- Enter work functions into work order management system as well as other data entry systems and perform all other tasks as assigned to complete and document work. Position requires working with various plant and chemical types which may develop allergens. Must adhere to prescribed protocols to address requirements. In all job functions including safety, adhere to University policies and procedures.
- In all job functions, using equipment such as but not limited to items referenced in
Internal Number: 67764
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.