The purpose of this job is to provide full-time administrative support to Sponsored Awards and Research Support.
- Work with the Director of Research to coordinate the Annual Research Symposium.
- Process grant related expenditures, including POs, DEVs, payroll and travel documents, etc.
- Update the SARS web site and all sub-pages.
- Use USCeRA, PeopleSoft, Sharepoint, and the accounting intranet to access proposal and award information as needed for daily office tasks and for other reports, including annual assessments.
- Research grant opportunities and assist the Director of Sponsored Awards to support faculty in proposal preparation, submission and grants management.
- Monitor grant awards and assist the Director of Sponsored Awards with account closeout.
- Assist with event planning and training sessions for faculty, staff, and students as needed.
- Assist with the annual preparation of the office's publications: the Undergraduate Research Journal and the Research Symposium proceedings.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree, or high school diploma and 4 years work experience that is directly related to the area of employment; or equivalency. Successful background check is required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 67755
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.