Department: UPS JCBE Student Success Services Center
Advertised Job Summary:
Transfer Advisor/Student Services Coordinator reporting to the Director of Academic Enrichment and Career Services will serve all Business Majors within the Johnson College of Business and Economics with special attention given to Transfer Students, re-admit, and change of major students. Responsible for assisting with the coordination of academic enrichment and professional development activities such as workshops for grade school prep and career-readiness, employer events, and mentoring opportunities Delivers instruction for resume writing, job search skills, interview techniques, and cover letter development.
- Advises all new incoming transfer, re-admit, and change of major business students; serves as the primary advisor for students in transition.
- Maintains a regular advisement load of transfer and continuing business students, assisting with associated duties such as developing plans of study.
- Assists with the coordination of academic enrichment and professional development activities such as workshops for grade school prep and career-readiness, employer events, and mentoring opportunities.
- Delivers instruction for resume writing, job search skills, interview techniques, and cover letter development.
- Assists with preliminary transcript evaluations for incoming transfer students.
- Oversees transfer orientation for business majors.
- Assists in efforts to determine placement of interns and graduates of JCBE
- Networks with local employers to determine hiring trends and needs for jobs and internships.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Master’s degree required with a minimum of 1 year experience in higher education academic advising, academic support services, programming, career counseling or related field. Successful background check is required.
Ability to work and motivate nontraditional and transfer students as well as traditional students. Strong computer and interpersonal skills required. Successful background check required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 65163
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.