The purpose of this role is to provide program and administrative support to the Directors and Assistant Director of 3CT.
1) Assisting with the planning and execution of public events, including arranging travel, booking hotel rooms and event spaces; overseeing catering, and processing payments and reimbursements.
2) Assisting with 3CTâ™s digital outreach and communications (maintain and update website; update social media, etc.).
3) Assisting with financial processes, management and planning.
4) Assisting with maintenance of building and office equipment.
5) Assisting with scheduling meetings and center events.
6) Assisting with hiring, payroll management and supervision of student employees.
1) Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide array of populations (senior faculty, university staff, and students).
2) Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel are essential; experience with email distribution software (such as MailChimp), social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram),
and website administration.
3) Able and willing to work a flexible schedule (evening and weekend hours are sometimes required depending on program needs).
4) Able to work independently on his/her own initiative as well as take direction.
5) Able to handle sensitive information with discretion.
6) Able to prioritize tasks and projects.
7) Able to recall and meet deadlines.
8) Knowledge of university systems (ePayments, GEMS, CBORD, etc.).
1) This position includes occasional evening and weekend hours.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree or three years relevant experience.
1) A minimum of three years administrative experience.
2) A minimum of two years experience with event planning.
3) A minimum of two years experience with financial management.
4) Experience working with academic programming.
5) Experience working with digital outreach and communication.
2) Cover letter
3) 3 professional references
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06466
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.