The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Pennâ™s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Principal Position Responsibilities/Duties:
1) Providing full spectrum primary care nursing services including but not limited to chronic and acute care, disease management, sexual health, and travel assessments. Focus on preventative care as well as other health and wellness activities. Coordination of care and services with other clinical staff within the student health service and on campus. Initiating care as appropriate.
2) Assist clinical health care providers with routine, urgent and ongoing care and services.
3) Educate patients on aspects of illness and conditions to ensure understanding of care, follow up needs and healthcare/university systems.
4) Telephone triage including offering advice, guidance and supportive care. Coordinating additional care as necessary.
5) Administer injections, medications, immunization and allergy sera according to physician orders.
6) Attend required staff meetings, participate in committees and working groups, contribute to accreditation activities, and complete required staff training and compliance activities
7) Other duties and responsibilities and assignments as delegated.
Pennsylvania Licensed Registered Nurse. Completion of nursing program from an accredited institution. Bachelor degree required (preferably in nursing). One (1) to two (2) years experience required. Three (3) to five (5) years preferred in an ambulatory care setting, family medicine or other busy outpatient setting. Experience with young adults and in a culturally diverse population preferred. Experience working with diverse communities is preferred (e.g., working with patients of varied races, ethnicities, genders/gender identities, sexual orientations, faith backgrounds, linguistic backgrounds, etc.). Second language proficiency preferred.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Internal Number: JR00007423
About University of Pennsylvania
Penn has a long and proud tradition of intellectual rigor and pursuit of innovative knowledge, begun by Benjamin Franklin in 1740. That tradition lives today through the creativity, entrepreneurship, and engagement of our faculty, students, and staff. Academic life at Penn is unparalleled, with an undergraduate student body of 10,000 from every U.S. state and around the world. The entering class of 2015 is the most talented and diverse in Penn's history. Consistently ranked among the top 10 universities in the country, Penn welcomes an additional 10,000 students to our top-ranked graduate and professional schools.