1) Help manage the day-to-day operations of EPIC in close partnership with the Deputy Director.
2) Order office supplies, manage inventory, handle invoices, and maintain relationships with relevant university vendors.
3) Work closely with BFI HR and Operations team to allocate office, conference, and event space for visitors and staff.
4) Coordinate closely with BFI HR and Operations team to prepare for and on-board visitors and new staff, including the creation of job descriptions, arranging visas, preparing IT accounts, and related tasks.
5) Handle travel arrangements for faculty, visitors, and speakers.
6) Manage, in close partnership with BFIâ™s Senior Finance Manager, financial processes, including reimbursements, and invoices.
7) Keep office and common areas clean and tidy, working with university facilities staff where necessary.
8) Schedule and oversee meetings and events, including room allocation, catering, AV, transit, and related responsibilities.
9) Lead planning for staff retreats and annual events.
10) Assist faculty affiliated with EPIC to recruit postdocs and early career Harris School faculty.
11) Work closely with EPIC faculty to host special events, including the weekly faculty breakfast (during the academic year).
12) Help manage specific EPIC-related fellowships including: Bartlett summer and academic year fellowships and dissertation award fellowships.
1) Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently, while remaining in close coordination with other members of the team.
2) Strong communication and organizational skills, with proven ability to juggle competing priorities with diplomacy, tact, and goodwill.
3) Familiarity with organizing and managing events, ideally including public events for up to 150 people.
4) Proficiency with MS office applications, plus a willingness to learn new systems and software as necessary.
5) Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
6) Superior degree of professionalism.
7) Must have a passion for making organizations and teams work.
8) Must be a self-starter with high level of attention to detail.
1) Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of progressively responsible administrative and operational assistance experience.
1) A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible administrative and operational experience experience.
2) Knowledge of higher education.
3) Skills demonstrated with creating and running events.
4) Understanding of and experience with Buysite and GEMS.
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06376
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.