1) Update and maintain PME website, including content development and information architecture
2) Provide training on website CMS (Drupal)
3) Serve as a web consultant to PME faculty and staff
4) Assist in the development and distribution of internal communications
5) Produce at least three posts weekly for each social media channel, including possible live tweeting and Facebook Live opportunities
6) Help maintain social media editorial calendars and execute social media strategies
7) Conduct weekly social media scans and draft reports regarding competitors, stakeholders, and relevant topics
8) Provide metrics on all digital assets, including the website, social media, and internal newsletter
9) Assist in managing and moderating conversations on social channels
10) Assist in the development of marketing collateral, including annual reports, brochures, etc.
11) Work with director to identify opportunities to enhance audience engagement
12) Support other PME marketing and communications efforts as needed
1) Demonstrated experience using and supporting web-based marketing software such as website content management systems, email service providers, and/or marketing automation platforms
2) Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of SEO best practices and website analytics tools
3) Demonstrated experience with information architecture and writing for the web
4) Excellent oral and written communication skills
5) Demonstrated ability to think creatively
6) Ability to multi-task, work independently, and produce a high volume of work under tight deadlines.
7) Proficiency in video editing platforms and image-editing software desirable
8) Ability to work collegially and collaboratively
1) Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, English or a related field
1) A minimum of five years of experience in digital communications, journalism, or a related field
2) Experience with developing web-based communications (such as blogging, newsletters, social media, website maintenance, etc.)
3) Video and photography experience desirable
4) Nonprofit or higher education communications experience
1) Cover Letter
3) Writing Sample (web content preferred)
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06374
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.