Successful applicants will be organized, detail-oriented individuals, who can remain calm and problem solve in fast-paced situations. This individual will be expected to provide exceptional customer service to our faculty, staff, students, and community. Work performed is often time sensitive, therefore multitasking skills are very important. Duties include but are not limited to:
Installation, maintenance and operation of AV systems.
AV equipment inventory management
Instructing students, faculty, staff and the public on the safe and proper use of AV equipment
Scheduling of audiovisual services for students, faculty and staff
Troubleshooting and resolution of AV hardware and software issues
Assisting repairs completed by internal or external technicians
Participating in projects that are not necessarily in job parameters (i.e. video production, lectern computer maintenance, etc.)
Supporting outside groups when needed
Working closely with Campus Technology Services, Technology Support, Facilities and others in the coordination of services related to audiovisual systems and their use
Other duties as assigned
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Knowledge of the principles of electronics, ability to make repairs on audiovisual equipment, and operate equipment
* Knowledge in the operation of audiovisual equipment
* Mechanical aptitude and physical coordination
* Ability to communicate and relate well with academic and student personnel
* Bachelor's degree in electronics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired, is necessary
* Two years of work experience in experience in commercial audio visual installations that included projectors, screens, displays, wiring, cabling, computer controls, and rack-building or related experience is necessary - or - Five years of work experience in residential that included home theaters, structured wiring and Smart house designs is necessary
* Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) Certification is Preferred
* Possession of other industry certifications such as AMX, Crestron, or Extron Installation certification
Full Time/Part Time
13.27/hr - 22.73/hr
Open until filled.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachments. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (816) 235-1621, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
Founded in 1929 as the University of Kansas City, UMKC has expanded to three campuses, which house 11 different schools and colleges. We are a great university in one of America’s “smartest cities.” Today, UMKC is Kansas City’s 24th-largest employer, with over 3,500 staff and faculty supporting our more than 14,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students. As a UMKC employee, you’ll belong to an engaged, diverse community. You’ll also enjoy many competitive benefits, including health, dental, life and other insurance plans; a comprehensive retirement program; and significant tuition assistance and reimbursement programs for employees and their qualifying dependents. For more information, visit the Benefits page. With career options in numerous fields, both academic and administrative, UMKC could be just the opportunity you’ve been looking for.