1) Production Support â“ Triage, research, communicate, address production incidents.
2) Production Monitoring - Wrangle disparate system monitoring assets and develop common analytics to inform optimization, define benchmarks and confidence intervals, and forecast to proactively mitigate production incidents.
3) CI/CD Design & Implementation - Design, implement, and maintain a build and deployment automation solution to enable CI/CD for hybrid cloud architecture (on-prem and public cloud).
4) Security Automation â“ assist with the automation of our security and compliance procedures.
5) Stay abreast of broad technical knowledge of existing and emerging technologies, including public cloud offerings from Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
1) Ability to lead across a collaborative team environment.
2) Ability and willingness to acquire new programming languages, statistical and computational methods, and background in research area.
3) Ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
4) Confidentiality related to sensitive matters such as strategic initiatives, trade secrets, quiet periods, and scientific discoveries yet to be put in the public domain.
5) Ability to take a broad plan and break it into incremental tasks and oversee the completion of each task.
6) Ability to come into a team used to minimal supervision and oversight and ensure accountability for deliverables and outcomes.
7) Ability to persuade others to adapt new structures or systems in order to meet objectives.
1) Minimum two (2) years experience developing infrastructure, configuration and/or deployment automation.
2)Â Hands-on scripting experience (Bash, Python, or other dynamic language).
3) Unix/Linux programming or system administration experience.
4)Â OpenStack and AWS p(EC2/S3) cloud technologies.
6) F5 or other load balancing technologies (Nginx, AWS ELB/ALB, etc.).
7)Â Source control and build systems (SVN, Git, Jenkins, etc).
8) Container based deployment (Docker, Kubernetes).
9)Â Log aggregation tools (ELK stack, Splunk).
10)Â Security frameworks (FISMA, NIST, FIPS).
11) Working in an agile environment.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06253
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.