The University of Tennessee's Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology invites applications for a 9-month, tenure-track Audiology faculty position (open rank).
Responsibilities will include:
2) Supervising student research
3) Conducting research in an area of interest
4) Service to the University and/or community
5) Strong publication record commensurate with level in peer-reviewed journals
6) Desire to work in a dynamic and collegial academic environment
7) Supervise student research. Supervise assigned Graduate Assistant, if any
Research/Teaching/Patient Care duties
1) Teaching experience in courses related to pediatric audiology, cochlear implants, hearing disorders, and/or aural rehabilitation.
2) Experience mentoring student research and seeking external funding to support a research program.
1. An earned Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.) in Audiology, Hearing Science or related fields. Applicants in the dissertation phase of their doctoral program will be considered.
2. Strong record of scholarship commensurate with level in peer-reviewed journals and at professional meetings.
Applicants with experience in pediatric audiology and/or cochlear implants are preferred.
The ideal candidate will develop a research program in the areas of pediatric audiology, cochlear implants, and/or aural rehabilitation.
Review of completed applications is ongoing, with applications accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should attach a letter of introduction and current curriculum vitae to their online application. Candidates should also have three letters of recommendation emailed to the search chair: Patrick N. Plyler, Ph.D. email@example.com . For more information, please visit the Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology webpage: http://www.uthsc.edu/asp/
Applicants should have a demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
UT is ideally located in beautiful East Tennessee, at the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, affording metropolitan conveniences coupled with rural charm.
Primary Location US-Tennessee-Knoxville
Organization Audiology & Speech Pathology
Job Posting Aug 21, 2019, 10:27:49 PM
Internal Number: 19000001JL
About UT Health Science Center
The mission of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center is to bring the benefits of the health sciences to the achievement and maintenance of human health, with a focus on the citizens of Tennessee and the region, by pursuing an integrated program of education, research, clinical care, and public service.