Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an IT Desktop/Help Desk Support - Technical Craft Specialist A position. IT Desktop/Help Desk Support - Technical Craft Specialist A position is responsible for providing IT technical support to the College's faculty, staff and students campus-wide. This position provides exceptional customer service in resolving support service requests via telephone, email, walk-in or via remote desktop control; and filters, articulates, logs, and/or escalates more complex issues to the appropriate support level(s). This position performs installations, deskside support and maintenance of computer hardware and software; as well as problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution steps for all client requests for technology services support. Travel from the College's main campus to the regional centers, as needed, to move equipment between rooms/sites.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Associate's Degree in a related field is required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• At least five (5) years direct experience supporting personal computers, mobile/tablet devices, and mobile applications in a professional work environment using MS Windows and the MS Office Suite of applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction required.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and professionalism is required.
• Demonstrated commitment to detail and follow through.
• A + certification is required.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
• Must be able to lift a sixty (60) pound parcel from floor to a desktop height as needed.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• At least two (2) years experience working in a Microsoft AD environment is preferred.
• Microsoft MCTA or MCSA certifications, as well as industry standard technical certifications on Dell computers and Hewlett Packard peripherals are preferred.
• Experience installing and configuring hardware/software is preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.