The Medical Assistant supports the physician and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a viarety of medically related tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greet patients.
2. Manages patient care flow.
3. Prepare patients for provider by reviewing current medications and record in medical record.
4. Take appropriate vital signs and record in medical record.
5. Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs.
6. Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
7. Perform designated diagnostic tests as directed by provider.
8. Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider.
9. Administer immunization, injections, or oral medications as directed by provider.
10. Use PRN/Smart Talk systems to convey lab results to patients as defined by provider.
11. Assist in follow-up scheduling needs.
12. Answer patient calls in timely fashion.
13. Prepare charts as needed.
14. Ability to understand and assist two or more providers with clinical care.
15. Handles all designated clinical care telephone interactions with provider input.
16. Communicates all significant clinical findings to MD.
17. Serves as an advocate for patient and utilizes appropriate resources.
ORGANIZATIONAL EXPECTATIONS Demonstrates behavior which supports the Cedars-Sinai Health System mission. Attends required orientation and training seminars. Meets production standards within established time requirements. Work product and performance meet quality standards. Demonstrates respect and positive interpersonal skills with patients, clients, the public, managers, and co-workers--a team player. Maintains confidentiality of patient care and business matters. Observes time, attendance, and dress code standards. Protects the safety of others and of the physical plant and equipment, following institution policies, fire, safety and infection control regulations. The above Statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees classified in this job.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.