The Administrative and Outreach Coordinator performs a wide range of administrative, organizational, and outreach activities that support the functioning of and the public investment in the Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts. This position serves as the institution's administrative coordinator and liaison with external constituents such as members of the press, patrons, vendors, and other art institutions, as well as university constituents in other departments, divisions, and schools.
He/she/they will: - Work closely with the Director and Exhibitions Manager to create budgets, reconcile financial reports, communicate variances whiile working with the financial management team of Art, Film, and Visual Studies (AFVS).
- Supports the Director by scheduling meetings, gathering reports and data for presentations, arranges travel, hotel and reconciles reimbursements.
- Coordinates the CCVA bookshop, schedules and supervises temporary staff. Assists with all events.
- Oversees special events for donors, alumni and members of the press which includes catering, dinners and other social events in conjunction with exhibition openings.
- Coordinates and oversees the Carpenter Center's marketing and outreach ot the press including but not limitted to press releases, e-announcements and other communications and outreach strategies.
- Fields and directs inquiries within and outside of the university.
All formal offers will be made by FAS HR.
Salary Grade: 054
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
3+ years' work experience in an office environment. Education beyond high school may count towards experience.
Experience in museums, art center, galleries or university art schools strongly preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with follow through. Financial literacy and accuracy along with an interest in learning new applications and procedures. BA degree preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 49964BR
About Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.