1) Assists Department Leadership in developing and implementing the long-term strategy for faculty and staff recruitment, marketing, and existing program development to facilitate strategic operating plans.
2) Leads and supports project and/or program development and implementation.
3) Effectively interacts with both internal and external executives and staff, as well as consultants, to create project and/or program design and ensure the success of projects and initiatives.
4) Coordinates logistics of major events, and assists in planning events.
5) Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously and follows through on issues in a timely manner.
6) Oversees management of day-to-day financial processes, payment of invoices, the purchase of goods and services, and the processing of reimbursements.
7) Monitors and reconciles accounts.
8) Researches, compiles and analyzes data to create reports, presentations, proposals and other documents, including, but not limited to operational, financial and monthly reports.
9) Ensures compliance with relevant University policies and guidelines.
10) Responsible for day-to-day office management.
11) Develops and implements office procedures and policies.
12) Develops and manages communications by assisting in creating and revising program materials, including brochures and website content under direction of Executive Administrator.
13) Manages physician and staff absences and responsible for coordinating gaps in coverage.
14) Oversees and maintains the physical office space, ordering equipment, repairs and upgrades.
15) Leads administrative staff by providing guidance and ensuring consistency and compliance on calendar, itinerary and other day-to-day administrative responsibilities.
16) Optimizes operational effectiveness, employee engagement, professionalism, performance management, and ongoing professional development.
17) Provides coverage during gaps in administrative coverage due to absence, leaves of absence, vacancies, etc.
18) Coordinates staff and faculty recruitment and on-boarding efforts.
19) Conducts candidate phone screens, ensures seamless interview experience, solicits reference checks, and communicates/tracks on-boarding and training process.
20) Coordinates the timely submission of credentialing and re-credentialing packets.
1) Familiarity with general business practices.
2) Commitment to providing a high level of service and working in a team environment.
3) High degree of professionalism.
4) Attention to detail.
5) Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
6) Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with absolute discretion.
7) Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
8) Strong analytical and organizational skills.
9) Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders
1) College or University degree in business, health care management or a related field
1) Experience at an academic medical center
2) Previous management/leadership experience
1) Resume 2) Cover Letter 3) Reference Contact Information Upon Request NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06066
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.