Assistant Professor - General Internal Medicine, Memphis - 19000001DQ
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Medicine, seeks candidates for a full-time, non-tenure, Assistant Professor position in General Internal Medicine.
Appointed in the College of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine at the rank of Assistant Professor, non-tenure. The distribution of effort for the first two years is proposed as 10% education, 10% research, and 80% programmatic. Thereafter, the distribution of effort may change based on progress on the programmatic aspects of the position.
* Work with the Dean and designees to plan and align the strategic direction of the Everyone Has a Provider program
* Conduct strategic planning and create annual goals for the Everyone Has a Provider program
* Be responsible for operationalizing the Everyone Has a Provider program
* Responsible for oversight of the Everyone has a provider team including but not limited to analytics, outreach, and training staff
* Form strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in the community
* Develop focus groups and other activities related to human-centered design needed to refine strategy and engage the target patient population
* Lead research efforts, including grant preparation, in community health where it aligns with the Everyone Has a Provider program
* Propose a budget for the program, identify, and pursue funding opportunities for the program.
* Leverage and engage with related existing UT clinical programs that are community-focused.
* Work with the relevant Deans of the College of Medicine responsible for student and resident Education to develop community training opportunities within the Everyone Has a Provider program
* Work with the relevant Deans in other Colleges to engage their students, faculty, and community engagement programs.
Applicants must have Ph.D. or Ed.D.
* Significant experience working with healthcare providers and community stakeholders in Memphis
* Significant experience incorporating marketing and other research techniques into patient and family engagement in healthcare
* Practicing knowledge and experience in implementing quality or process improvement efforts
* A demonstrated track record as an effective manager with a participatory style
* Strong financial acumen
* Strong communication skills
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center is the flagship statewide, public, academic health institution in Tennessee. Founded in 1911, the mission of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center is to improve the health and well-being of Tennesseans and the global community by fostering integrated, collaborative, and inclusive education, research, scientific discovery, clinical care, and public service. Employing more than 4,600 people on its faculty, staff, and not-for-profit corporation faculty practice groups, and with more than 3,200 students across the state, UTHSC contributes $4 billion to the economy of Tennessee.
Part of the University of Tennessee System, the Health Science Center is headquartered in Memphis and includes all six of UT's doctoral-degree-granting health science colleges -- Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Graduate Health Sciences, and Health Professions. UTHSC spans the state with its four major, regional clinical health science locations in Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville, as well as more than 100 clinical education sites across Tennessee. UTHSC is the largest educator of health care professionals in the state and operates the state's largest residency and fellowship advanced training programs.
Located in West Tennessee on the banks of the Mississippi River, Memphis is the second-largest city in the state and among the largest cities in the Southeast. The Greater Memphis metropolitan area has more than 1.3 million residents, and the city ranks among those with the lowest cost of living in the country. It is home to a v ibrant restaurant scene, a revitalized Downtown, the Midtown Arts District, many scenic neighborhoods, an active medical district, and a burgeoning airport in the midst of a $214 million modernization.
Memphis boasts attractions, including Elvis Presley's Graceland, the Memphis Grizzlies, historic Beale Street, the National Civil Rights Museum, the second-largest urban county park in the United States, and the Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest.
Primary Location US-Tennessee-Memphis
Organization Medicine-Gen Internal Med
Job Posting Jul 22, 2019, 1:58:53 PM
Internal Number: 19000001DQ
About UT Health Science Center
The mission of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center is to bring the benefits of the health sciences to the achievement and maintenance of human health, with a focus on the citizens of Tennessee and the region, by pursuing an integrated program of education, research, clinical care, and public service.