Advertised Salary Range: Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Advertised Job Summary:
The Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Operations will manage all external areas of the athletic department and is a member of the athletic department's executive staff. Areas of oversight include the following units and programs: Communications, Marketing and Promotions, Licensing, Ticket Operations and Ticket Sales, Video Services, Creative Services, and Spirit Squads. In addition, this position serves as the primary liaison with any potential third party multi-media player, if applicable, and may provide sport supervision responsibilities for various assigned sports.
- Supervise and direct the activities of several full-time and part-time employees in the athletic department external units in the areas including Communications, Marketing and Promotions, Licensing, Ticket Operations and Ticket Sales, Video services, Creative Services, and Spirit Squads.
- Serve as the liaison with a third party Multi-Media Partner/corporate sales provider, or coordinate the University's efforts regarding same if no third party provider is contracted with the University.
- Oversee, coordinate and lead in the development of the athletic department's short and long-term communications strategies.
- Oversee, coordinate and lead in the development of the execution of the department's overall marketing, branding, licensing and promotional strategy.
- Oversee, coordinate and lead in the development of strategies for improving attendance and the overall fan experience at home events.
- Represent the department to appropriate internal and external groups, including but not limited to University alumni, boosters, former student-athletics, parents, faculty and staff.
- Serve as a member of the athletics department leadership team and fulfill various administrative responsibilities that will advance the overall well-being of the athletics department. This may include sport supervision of assigned sports. Specific duties will be assigned respective of the incumbent's skill set and needs of the department.
- Attend athletic events and other University events as necessary, which may include travel, nights and weekends, and will represent the Director of Athletics when needed.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Master’s degree and 4 years of relevant program experience, or a bachelor’s degree and 6 years relevant program experience. Valid driver’s license with good driving record required. Successful background check is required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 61747
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.