The individual filling this position will be responsible for the Health Information Management Program and Medical Coding Certificate Program in the School of Health Professions, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences, Rutgers University. Additionally, this employee along with the department chair, will be responsible for hiring faculty, writing policies, maintaining a budget, maintaining accreditation, and other administrative responsibilities consistent with administering an Health Information Management Program with the Department of Health Informatics. Generally, 90% of the program director's effort is divided equally between administrative duties and teaching and other educational or service related duties. The remaining 10% of the time will be made available for the faculty member to pursue their areas of scholarship.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1) A PhD or EdD in a related field. 2) Hold a current credential of Registered Health Information Administrator 3) Excellent organizational and planning skills. 4) An excellent record of employment and/or teaching experience in the field 5) Legal authorization to work in the United States. 6) A minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of Health Information Management with a minimum of 2 years as a full-time academic appointment 7) Current AHIMA membership 8) Experiences with Health Information Management curriculum design and accreditation
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Candidate must have good listening, oral and written communication skills; computer literacy with Microsoft Office bundle ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and online Learning Management Systems (preferable); be a flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring the ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects; unsurpassed interpersonal skills
Posting Number: 19FA1805
Location: Piscataway (RBHS)
Internal Number: 95938
About Rutgers University
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state's preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Rutgers is dedicated to teaching that meets the highest standards of excellence; to conducting research that breaks new ground; and to turning knowledge into solutions for local, national, and global communities. As it was at our founding in 1766, the heart of our mission is preparing students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. Rutgers teaches across the full educational spectrum: preschool to precollege; undergraduate to graduate and postdoctoral; and continuing education for professional and personal advancement. Rutgers is New Jersey's land-grant institution and one of the nation's foremost research universities, and as such, we educate, make discoveries, serve as an engine of economic growth, and generate ideas for improving people's lives.