This position is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative research group of engineers and surgeons to improve how surgery is planned, performed, guided, and analyzed. Our group has built computer models for advanced surgical planning that quantify surgical approaches while utilizing image navigation. This translational research opportunity involves working in an engineering lab, defining and conducting experiments with surgeons in dry and cadaver labs, and conducting clinical research to discover effect on patient outcomes.
The position is funded for at least 1 yr and is open immediately.
● Completed a recent Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bio-Engineering, or Computer Science and Engineering
● Experience with Experimental, Design, and Computational research
● Strong programming ability in C++ and Python
● Strong Collaboration and Communication Skills
● Interest in and/or experience in writing grant proposals
● Mechanical and/or electronic design and CAD experience
● Modeling, Statistics, Machine Learning, or optimization experience
Please submit a cover letter and complete CV.
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest public institutions in the west coast and one of the preeminent research universities in the world. The University of Washington is a multi-campus university comprised of three different campuses: Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell. The Seattle campus is made up of sixteen schools and colleges that serve students ranging from an undergraduate level to a doctoral level. The university is home to world-class libraries, arts, music, drama, and sports, as well as the highest quality medical care in Washington State and a world-class academic medical center. The teaching and research of the University’s many professional schools provide undergraduate and graduate students the education necessary toward achieving an excellence that will serve the state, the region, and the nation. As part of a large and diverse community, the University of Washington serves more students than any other institution in the Northwest.