Clinical Research Nurse (Non-Exempt General Associate) - (190000VD)
University of Maryland Baltimore is currently seeking an part-time, contractual, temporary Clinical Research Nurse to join the Department of Transplant Surgery in the School of Medicine. The selected candidate provide care for non-human primates in a cardiac research model in the cardiac surgery intensive care unit.
* Manages patient care in compliance with the research study or clinical trial protocol requirements. Monitors subject condition while ensuring safety and maintaining confidentiality. Identifies patient problems and makes adjustments to care plans.
* Monitors activities to ensure compliance with protocols and all relevant local, federal, and state regulatory and institutional policies.
* Develops and prepares study or research related documentation such as protocol worksheets, procedural manuals, adverse event reports, case report forms, and institutional review board documents. Responsible for developing and producing custom and routine
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors in Nursing
Experience: Three (3) years of registered nurse experience with at least one (1) year in research specialization.
Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland.
Other: May consider a combination of directly related experience and education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Comfort working with non-human primates (prior experience useful but not required)
* Prior experience in a cardiac surgery intensive care unit preferred.
Job: CI Exempt or Non-Exempt Staff - N80GAW
Organization: School of Medicine - Surgery
Job Posting: Jul 23, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Internal Number: 127501
About University of Maryland, Baltimore
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is the State's public health, law and human services university devoted to excellence in professional and graduate education, research, patient care, and public service. As a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and using state-of-the-art technological support, we educate leaders in health care delivery, biomedical science, global health, social work and the law. We emphasize interdisciplinary education and research in an atmosphere that explicitly values civility, diversity, collaboration, teamwork and accountability. By conducting internationally recognized research to cure disease and to improve the health, social functioning and just treatment of the people we serve, we foster economic development in the City, State, and nation. We are committed to ensuring that the knowledge we generate provides maximum benefit to society and directly enhances our various communities.