Division/College: College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $23.10 per hour
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Position Summary: This position promotes healthy and safe child care by assisting with program policy development and implementation of quality health, safety, and nutrition practices in early care and education settings. This position provides coaching, training, and resources to child care directors and providers, families, and regional and statewide partners.
- Education: Must have a minimum of a bachelors degree in a health related field.
- Experience related to early care and education:
Health and safety standards in child care Injury prevention for children Oral health of children Inclusion of children with special health care needs in child care settings Safe medication administration Safe sleep practices and policies Immunization schedules for children State health laws, federal and state education laws, and state professional practice acts for licensed professionals
- Working on an interdisciplinary team.
- Developing and implementing health and safety policies.
- Conducting adult workshops/training.
- Licensed health professional with education and experience in child and community health. - Knowledge of developmental screening tools and procedures for use. - Specialized training in child care health consulting. - Endorsement in Early Childhood Mental Health. - Bilingual (English/Spanish) - Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002235P
Posting Date: 06/11/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: Applications received before July 1, 2019 will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until suitable pool of candidates is identified.In the letter of qualification, applicants need to address each individual required qualification, along with any preferred qualifications.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.