The Kimpton Fellow will play an integral role in executing the Collegeâ™s content initiatives, supporting the development of content for use across the Collegeâ™s website, University News site and social media channels. Key responsibilities include:
1) Writing editorial feature articles about student life, academics, student achievements and College news.
2) Collaborating with the University News team and other campus partners to cross-promote College content.
3) Attending weekly content meetings with University Communications team and providing updates on upcoming stories from the College.
4) Connecting with campus partners to identify potential storylines, events and news that can be leveraged across College channels.
5) Managing the Collegeâ™s editorial calendar, tracking upcoming events/activities, key dates and deadlines.
6) Concepting, writing, editing, publishing and monitoring social media content.
7) Attending campus and student events such as Orientation Week and Convocation to ensure social media coverage, when necessary.
8) Contributing to quarterly metrics reports.
9) Assisting with the oversight of the College Editorial Team, including attending weekly meetings, editing student feature stories and approving social media posts.
10) Arranging photo shoots for stories, either through student photographers or through UChicago Creative.
11) Developing copy and new pages for the College website and assisting College partners with publishing updates to their respective pages.
12) Assisting with press release development in media relations efforts.
1) Writing and editing
4) Collaboration and teamwork
6) Attention to detail
7) Ability to work autonomously
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in a related field such as creative writing, journalism, marketing, English or communications.
1) Editorial or journalism experience
Technical Knowledge, Skills or Certifications
1) Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
2) Basic computer proficiency required
3) Experience managing social media accounts required
4) Familiarity with website content management and social media scheduling tools
2) Cover letter
3) Writing sample
4) Reference contact information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05401
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.