1) The Market Data Analystâ™s primary responsibility is the maintenance and update of various CRSP financial databases with a focus on overall data quality and accuracy.
2) Collaboration and teamwork are a large part of this responsibility.
3) Additional responsibilities may include improving/creating internal documentation, updating databases for historical research projects, and assisting the Client Services team with data-related issues.
4) Responsible for the execution of update tasks for assigned databases.
5) Responsible for the research and correction of data outliers, as identified in update procedures and historical research.
6) Effectively collaborate and coordinate with the Managers, Project Leaders, Client Services and other Staff during the update process, historical research projects, and/or client inquiries.
7) Assist with historical projects to verify existing CRSP data.
8) Assist with insuring data and database integrity.
9) Use of the Internet for company and securities research.
10) Moderate data entry with accuracy and the use of various internal computer systems and Microsoft Office products.
1) Proficiency in financial theory and terminology.
2) Perform multiple, complex assignments under limited direction.
3) Plan and accomplish assignments, either as an individual contributor or as a member of a team, based on their experience and technical knowledge of systems and subsystems.
4) Provide training to other employees.
5) Effectively communicate and achieve positive results, share information, provide data, furnish guidance, and discuss assignment status within the immediate work unit.
6) Develop basic SQL queries.
7) Ability to use MS Office tools (including Word, Access, and Excel) at least at an intermediate level.
8) Satisfactorily perform at least twoCRSP update processes (e.g., Stock, Bond, Compustat, Mutual Fund, REIT) with minimal supervision or assistance OR experienced in performing similar functions while working for another financial database product provider.
9) Ability to satisfactorily perform two CRSP support functions (e.g., Distributions, Bulletins, Returns, etc.), or experienced in performing similar functions while working for another financial database product provider.
10) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
11) Meet deadlines and work as part of a team.
12) Careful attention to detailed data entry.
13) A commitment to product quality, the ability to multitask, organizational skills, and positive energy.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in finance, economics or accounting, OR a Bachelorâ™s degree with a passing score on the CFA Level I exam.
1) One year industry experience.
2) Experience answering client data inquiries and performing data edits as directed by coordinators or supervisors and collaborating with programmers and other analysts on projects and activities.
3) Experience with data quality assurance and quality control.
4) Experience with market data.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05394
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.