Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Data Reporting and Query Analyst position. Reporting to the Director, Institutional Research, the Data Reporting and Query Analyst is responsible for the production of both standard and customized data reports to support decision-making by various College constituents, including decisions related to student success, program review, and planning. This position demonstrates technical expertise and leadership in developing, implementing and maintaining systems to collect data; and produces statistics, analysis, and reporting relative to internal and external requests for data to support the College's strategic plan and objectives.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learnings.
• A minimum of two (2) years of full-time experience in data management and analysis and delivery of high-quality reports and presentations required.
• Previous work experience in a higher education environment required.
• Demonstrated proficiency managing and analyzing large datasets from varying sources required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and analytical ability required.
• Ability to write SQL scripts required.
• Proficiency with SQL programming to develop, tune and optimize reports/queries required.
• Proficiency using MS Excel and related tools required to manage, analyze, and report data required.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative required.
• Ability to demonstrate effective time management and multi-tasking required.
• Ability to manage complex projects effectively, and communicate ideas and data outcomes accurately and clearly required.
• Ability to work effectively within a team required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Experience using Tableau, Microsoft BI and Argos preferred.
• Expert level knowledge of data querying and manipulation of data within statistical packages such as SPSS and/or R preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.