1) This position will manage a team of support personnel who troubleshoot IT issues.
2) Implement policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
3) Ensure maximum issue resolutions in minimum time.
4) Evaluate new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user.
5) This position will lead and direct the work of others.
6)Assign personnel to various operations and direct their activities.
7) Review and evaluate work and prepare performance reports
8) Provide training of department staff and end users.
9) Through effective leadership, the manager will hold the team accountable for service level metrics, policies, procedures, and standards to ensure the team delivers on their overall mission to provide timely, efficient and accurate service.
1) Proven track record of coaching and monitoring agent performance 2) Development and reporting of KPIs 3) Extensive mentoring and coaching experience/skills 4) Teamwork oriented, with a documented background of success through team interactions 5) Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with employees, peer and senior level management 6) Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
1) Standard office environment
1) Strong time management, organizational and analytical skills. 2) Ability to prioritize multiple projects and independently follow through with detail for project assignments. 3) Handle confidential material and work with personnel in a tactful and courteous manner. 4) Must be able to work after hours and on-call as required. 5) Ability to manage all details for a variety of projects and meet deadlines
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in computer sciences or in a related technical field.
2) ITIL V3, or higher, Foundation Certified.
1) Minimum seven years of experience in managing and supervising technical staff.
2) Minimum five years of experience leading a Service Desk environment.
3) Minimum three years of experience in an ITIL framework environment with experience in incident and service management.
4) Experience in a customer service environment.
5) Experience in ITSM transformation and continuous improvement.
6) Advanced proficiency with Windows and Mac operations and common Office Suite applications.
7) Experience supporting in voice/data services including VoIP. 8) Experience in supporting a University environment. 9) Knowledge and experience in ServiceNow or similar service management tools. 10)Experience managing staff and hours of operation that can cross over from one to possibly three shifts.
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05127
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.