JOB SUMMARY: Directly responsible for performing tasks associated with dispensing of medical- surgical supplies and patient care equipment,.
Ensure appropriate supplies are purchased, received, inventory levels are maintained, and patient charges are captured, re supply nurse servers in the NICU (120) carts, PCCU (36) carts, (12) special procedure carts and (6) carts in the peds ed.
the supply technician is also responsible for conducting physical inventories of 52 forms totaling 7,877 lines according to the defined schedule.
Process requests generated from clinicians in an accurate and timely manner
React appropriately to stock outs, critical levels and all emergency (STAT) situations
Restock all procedure carts in the PCCU and PCICU
Utilize the appropriate materials management system to receive supplies and update on hand inventory
generate orders based on usage and determined par levels
Ensure all locations have appropriate bar codes and locators assigned
ensure stock is replenished to assigned location
rotate stock and check for expired product
follows all safety procedures in handing supplies and equipment
cross reference supplies between departments as appropriate
follow procedures to track supplies borrowed or loaned to surrounding hospitals
process all returns according to policy
Average lines order on a daily basis Tuesdays -Thursdays:(1275) and Fridays/Mondays: (1745)
Standard: Avg supply line put away per staff member268 Current stat: 302 (avg lines ordered 1510/5FTE=302)
Provides materials and equipment requested in a timely manner.
Assembles carts for distribution.
Ensures supplies are in a clean and safe working condition and environment. Maintains adequate supply in storage locations.
Cleans, prepares, and tests specialty beds or equipment for safety.
May capture patient charges for supplies.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
EQUIPMENT INSPECTIONS (NOVICE):- Reviews and Inspections is a systematic process of checking to see whether a piece of equipment is meeting specified requirements.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Monitors material movement into and out of stock, reconciles inventory balances, and maintains adequate inventory levels.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (NOVICE):- A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defined tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standardsEnsures continuous improvement.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.