Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
1) Assist with lab operations to ensure that day-to-day running of the lab is successful.
2) Conduct protocol revisions and updates, as well as annual reviews (IACUC, IRB, IBC, Safety, Radiation, etc.).
3) Assist with grant-writing in the form of updating facilities section/budget justification sections.
4) Assist with the training and initial set-up of employees (orientation, IT access, etc.).
5) Collaborating with HR to post new staffing positions, help screen potential candidates, schedule interviews, check in with HR on statuses.
6) Oversee purchasing/general ordering to keep the lab stocked and supplied appropriately.
7) Coordinate Lab Meeting schedule.
8) Lab organization and oversight, including annual cleanup and general stock maintenance.
9) Maintain warranties and coordinate for lab equipment repair.
10) Calibration of instruments and pippettes, BSLC hoods, incubators, centrifuges, and other instruments.
11) Coordinate with other OB/GYN stakeholders to ensure the lab is successful.
1) Organization skills.
2) Problem-solving skills.
3) Collaboration skills.
4) Attention to detail.
5) Ability to work autonomously.
6) Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
7) Basic computer proficiency.
8) Knowledge in relevant scientific field.
9) Knowledge of research techniques or methods.
10) Knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures.
11) Analytical skills.
12) Experience with LabVantage.
1) Bachelor's degree.
1) Lab support/lab management experience.
2) Lab environment.
2) Ability to stand for extended periods.
3) Ability to periodically lift up to 25 lbs.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05070
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.