Director of Community Based Clinical Education and Partnerships - 80% position Job #JPF02511 SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY – Dean’s Office
Description The School of Dentistry at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), invites applications for the role of Director of Community Based Clinical Education and Partnerships. This position is in the Dean’s Office reporting to the Associate Dean for Education and Student Affairs and will be appointed 100% Health Sciences Professor Clinical Series position at the Assistant/ Associate/ or Full Professor rank depending on academic achievement. The appointment will be in one of the clinical departments in the School as appropriate to experience and academic affiliation. 80% effort will be dedicated to the Director role with the remaining 20% dedicated to additional teaching, faculty practice and/or research. This position is key in building a community and health system partnerships to expand educational opportunities for students and access to care for the community.
Responsibilities include: • Develop a funding model to support the program including reimbursement contracts with the externship sites and extramural funding • Collect and maintain data regarding the Faculty status of the dentists who supervise and mentor students in the outreach clinics • Oversee student compliance with the rotation schedule, assuring that they receive proper pre-rotation instructions, along with assignment of housing for the rotation. • Create in-service opportunities and continuing education for outreach Faculty either at the Dental School or at the clinics • Develop a clear vision for implementing an educational program and clinical practice at each of the sites • Determine the desired outcomes for the program and the metrics that will be used to ensure success • Assess current and prospective sites, preceptors, and clinical care models using accepted rubrics defined for each • Quarterly visit the sites to observe and speak with the dentists and staff involved • Report on plans for expansion or changes in the program • Facilitate and support changes at the clinic sites necessary to improve the student’s clinical-educational experience • Assist in planning, budgeting and organizational and administrative policy development and implementation
Qualifications: • Eligible for a California Dental license at the time of hire, including consideration for special permit • Experience working with or in community clinics or federally qualified health centers in the U.S. • Demonstrated organization skills • Strong interest in interprofessional education, care and practice
Preferred Qualifications: • Master’s or doctoral training in health sciences related field • Experience working with diverse students and patients • Previous experience running an academic enrichment course or equivalent • Expertise in teaching, assessment of student learning and program evaluation • Proficiency with data management and analysis using various learning management software programs • Understanding of funding mechanisms that support all public health models • Budgeting and fiscal management experience
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, and community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
The position will remain open until filled. Interested applicants must use our online system to submit curriculum vitae, a statement of contributions to diversity, a statement/letter of interest, including a description of the applicant's qualifications for the position, applicant’s teaching and mentoring philosophy, and responsibilities and interests. Include the names and complete contact information for three references. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02511
Internal Number: JPF02511
About University of California, San Francisco
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and high-quality patient care. It is the only UC campus in the 10-campus system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.