JOB SUMMARY: Manages testing of systems and associated activities at the design stage through implementation under occasional guidance. Defines and implements automation standards and processes. Implements small projects or components of large projects.
Carries out all phases of the QA Best Practices Process to ensure that all information systems products and services meet institution standards and end-user requirements.
Defines and implements test automation standards and processes.
Provides structure, direction, and support for all project-related QA automation activities.
Tests frameworks and methodologies on projects and programs.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE (NOVICE):- Familiar with most of deliverables. Participated in or completed task[s] relevant to a specific training activity. Understands how tasks are integrated to produce final deliverables. Recognizes textbook problems and can resolve them with assistance.
TESTING TOOLS (NOVICE):- Has successfully used the testing tools in situations of medium complexity. Occasionally needs assistance from internal technical support in usage of the tool.
TEST PLANNING (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate Test Planning in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Identifies simple flaws in test plans and takes action to remedy and report the errors.
TESTING AUTOMATION (NOVICE):- Demonstrates knowledge of the Company's test automation framework workflow. Has automated simple compatibility, interoperability, and performance tests. Has used a variety of automation tools providing record and playback features comparing actual results to those expected.
TEST CASE PREPARATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate Test Case Preparation and Design in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Prepares test case documentation with instructions and expected outputs. Understands random number generators and their purpose. Prepares regression tests to make sure that errors have been fixed.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.