The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Nursing - Family and Community Health is currently seeking a full-time, contractual Clinical Research Technician . Under general supervision, the Clinical Research Technician regularly works on tasks that are varied and complex. Applies full range of specialized skills and job knowledge; frequently adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet specialized needs; performs broad and/or focused assignments.
***This is a Full-Time, Contractual Position***
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 11 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB.
1. Assists in coordination and enrollment of participants for clinical study, explaining objectives, obtaining consent, recruiting and interviewing participants.
2. Performs data collection and entry and tracks consent forms or other related materials. Conduct and supervise data scoring, entering, storing, and cleaning.
3. Prepares study materials and assists in developing databases and pretesting data collection input instruments. Generates basic recurring materials/reports.
4. Assists in research project planning by monitoring established project timeline and research team.
5. Assists with developing and recommending study procedures.
6. Assists with IRB submissions and supporting documentation and manuscripts.
7. Assists in conducting literature reviews by searching library or online services as directed.
8. Oversees, guides and trains research team to ensure project progresses and aware of daily operations of study activities. Ensures data entry staff is informed on all data entry processes.
9. Can serve as a liaison between project and participants and/or outside groups.
10. Assist in participant and research expenses and prepping and ordering supplies.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in a related field
EXPERIENCE: Prior clinical or research experience preferred.
General knowledge of the principles and practices of allied health sciences and patient protocols. Ability to perform data collection processes; to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to use computers and related software applications; to lift and transport patients if necessary; to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employees in this job class may be required to work with biohazardous or radio-labeled materials and may be required to successfully complete applicable safety training.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
SPSS, word, excel Skills.
Knowledge of the Psychology Research Process.
Ability to work with at-risk populations.
Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are not eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).
Salary Range: $38,000 - $40,000
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job: Reg or CII Non-Exempt Staff - N10CRR
Employee Class Non-Exempt Contingent II
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Nursing - Family and Community Health
Job Posting: May 2, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Internal Number: 119121
About University of Maryland, Baltimore
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is the State's public health, law and human services university devoted to excellence in professional and graduate education, research, patient care, and public service. As a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and using state-of-the-art technological support, we educate leaders in health care delivery, biomedical science, global health, social work and the law. We emphasize interdisciplinary education and research in an atmosphere that explicitly values civility, diversity, collaboration, teamwork and accountability. By conducting internationally recognized research to cure disease and to improve the health, social functioning and just treatment of the people we serve, we foster economic development in the City, State, and nation. We are committed to ensuring that the knowledge we generate provides maximum benefit to society and directly enhances our various communities.