JOB SUMMARY: Provides technical support for the acquisition of a cardiac tracing needed to diagnose or rule-out cardiac disease in the form or, ECG 12 and 15 leads, Event Monitor, Holter Monitor, telemetry, or autonomic function testing. Additionally, provides direct patient care in an ambulatory setting through vital sign measurement and coordination of patient flow.
Acquires interpretable electrocardiogram waveform as requested by physician or registered nurse in the following diagnostic events: EKG 12 & 15 Lead, Holter Monitor, Event Monitor, autonomic function testing.
Able to assist in preliminary report findings accurately.
Coordinate patient flow (room utilization).
Participates in the teaching of patients and families, under the guidance of MD/RN: assess readiness to learn and barriers to learning; provide information and record teaching.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION - (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate medical terminology and documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
CARDIAC MONITORING (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to effectively monitor cardiac rhythms in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
DATA INTERPRETATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate data interpretation in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.