The primary responsibilities for this non-tenure, track lecturer position include teaching undergraduate courses; student academic advising, student mentoring, recruitment, services; and serving as a leader in teaching and sharing pedagogy and student services. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working directly with the Chair to implement student success strategies for undergraduates, engaging in accreditation procedures, assessment and service to the department, College and University as needed.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit:
The College of Engineering at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University invites applications and nominations for the following position in the College of Engineering. North Carolina A & T State University is a public land grant university. The College of Engineering, with almost 2000 students, has EACABET accredited undergraduate programs in Architectural, Bio-, Biological, Civil, Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, and Mechanical Engineering, as well as a CACABET-accredited program in Computer Science. On the Graduate level, the College has 8 Masters of Science Degree programs, and 5 Doctoral programs. Additional information about the College and the University can be found at www.ncat.edu/coe.
The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering provides academic preparation for students studying for BS , MS and PhD degrees in Industrial and Systems Engineering.
Internal job number: 001608
- A BS degree in a STEM discipline and at a minimum a MS in an Engineering discipline, or field closely related to Industrial and Systems Engineering.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to promoting and enhancing inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity in alignment with the University's commitment to maintaining and enhancing a diverse environment.
- The candidate must be able to be credentialed to teach multiple courses in the department which requires a master's degree in Engineering or a related discipline and at least 18 graduate semester hours of course work in an engineering field.
- MUST demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for working with undergraduate students, experience working with under-represented groups for student interventions, and educating undergraduate students.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Two or more years of teaching experience as the lead instructor in Industrial and Systems Engineering courses or related courses (preferred)
- Demonstrate dedication to serving the student population(s) represented at NCA&T and an understanding of the diverse backgrounds, experiences and challenges of students.
- A record of student teaching evaluations that demonstrate effective classroom instruction of undergraduates, management and engagement with students
- Experience with student programming to foster student success and engagement at the undergraduate level
- Experience in advising students, in working with student financial aid matters, and student records
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference must attach a DD 214 form. Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty with your application during the process of applying to the job posting. Final candidates are subject to criminal and sex offender background checks.
North Carolina A&T State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
North Carolina A&T State University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. No one who applies or seeks employment will be denied admission to or employment at North Carolina A&T State University on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or sexual orientation and sexual identity.
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is one of the nation’s most highly respected doctoral research, land-grant institutions. With an enrollment of almost 11,000 students, we are committed to fulfilling our mission through exemplary undergraduate and graduate instruction, scholarly and creative research, and effective public service. As a member of the A&T family you will be an integral part of its history and future – joining more than 1,800 current faculty and staff. You will be expected to be a leader and mentor. You will influence the minds that will affect our world. As a change agent, you will use your intellect and influence to make a positive impact on the greater A&T community. A&T will be more than your job, it will become your passion—and that commitment to yourself and others will last a lifetime. Because that’s what Aggies Do!