Directs the Office of Learning Abroad (OLA) for the university. Develops, advances and directs implementation of academic and non-academic experiences overseas.
Develops the campus infrastructure for learning abroad programs including faculty lead programs, reciprocal student exchange programs, affiliated third-party program providers, research initiatives, internships opportunities, non-credit programs, experiential learning programs and volunteer activities.
Collaborates with international institutions and organizations to develop and promote innovative and high-impact programming.
Directs departmental operations and budgets, strategic planning, policy and procedure development and supervises departmental staff.
Promotes the university's globalization goals and enrollment targets in collaboration with colleges, centers, departments, and other academic units to integrate academic and non-academic experiences into the curriculum.
Develops, maintains and advises on program development, maintenance, sustainability best-practices and technological and social media solutions to effectively manage new and existing programs within the colleges.
Collaborates with internal stakeholders and university offices including Offices of Admissions, Registration & Academic Records and Scholarships & Financial Aid.
Develops and participates in securing external funding for Learning Abroad initiatives and programs through gifts, grants and fundraising opportunities.
Administers the scholarships provided by the university and donor funds.
Performs other job-related duties as required.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Seven years learning abroad experience.
3. Experience working across departmental lines with other administrative units.
4. Experience supervising staff.
5. Demonstrated experience using computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities.
1. Experience developing new student exchange internships or other experiential learning programs.
2. Experience administering scholarships.
3. Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Internal Number: STA004456
About University of Houston
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston. Each year, we educate more than 40,750 students in more than 300 undergraduate and graduate academic programs, on campus and online. UH awards more than 8,000 degrees annually, with more than 200,000 alumni. UH is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university.