Located in Nashville, Tennessee, andoperating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patientcare, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each daywith the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertisewill be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is aplace where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â issought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part ofsomething that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their workand never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs missionis to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,education, and research.
It is important to choose the bestcosmetic surgery team to fit your needs. At Vanderbilt, our cosmetic plasticsurgeons are board-certified specialists with many decades of combinedexperience. Our surgeons have trained many of the plastic surgeons practicingin the Nashville area.
The Vanderbilt Center for CosmeticPlastic Surgery is a state-of-the-art facility designed to meet the needs ofall patients. We offer everything from initial consultations to procedures andrecovery, all in one location for your convenience.
The center is in a secludedsetting that protects your privacy and provides a calming and soothingenvironment for healing. A separate postoperative waiting area allows youto relax in privacy during follow-up visits.
Monday â Friday; Days
Provides service to patient either pre-appointment,during or post appointment with regular guidance. Responsibilities may includeinbound/outbound telephone calls, cash management, appointment scheduling,process of insurance updates and patient check in/out.
Preferred Education, Skills, andExperiences:
Strong customer service experience is critical for this position
Ability to get the job done and maintain a smooth clinic flow
Medical office / clinic experience highly desired
Internal candidates preferred
Familiar with eStar and EPIC
CUSTOMER SERVICE (NOVICE):- A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
PATIENT SCHEDULING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- The ability to coordinate and schedule patient appointments, surgeries and other office visits with various computer systems in the hospital or clinic.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- The ability to comprehend medical terminology and documentation in an office, or surgical setting.
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- The ability to receive and record patient information.
Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defined tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standardsEnsures continuous improvement.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed toproviding the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of ourrecent accomplishments:
USNews & World Report:#1 Hospital inTennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center),12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best,#15 Education and Training
TruvenHealth Analytics:among the top 50cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker'sHospital Review:one of the "100Greatest Hospitals in America"
TheLeapfrog Group:grade "A" inHospital Safety Score
NationalInstitutes of Health:among the top 10 grantawardees for medical research in the US
MagnetRecognition Program:Vanderbilt nurses arethe only group honored in Tennessee
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.