Tippie College of Business at the University of Iowa is looking for a Director of Recruiting for Graduate Programs. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to help build a new team, establish new processes, utilize a cutting-edge marketing/sales technology stack, and coach a high-performing recruiting team in one of the leading business schools in the world.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Marketing and is responsible for creating, evaluating, and executing recruitment strategies for MBA and master's programs on a regional, national, and global level. The person in this role will provide guidance and mentorship to the recruiting team, implement innovative and measurable recruitment plans, and attract talented students to Tippie's graduate programs.
The Director of Recruiting will work very closely with the Marketing and Admissions teams at Tippie. All three teams-Recruiting, Marketing, and Admissions-are tasked with attracting talented students and reaching enrollment targets. While Marketing is focused on growing the brand and populating the funnel, Recruiting's role is to build relationships and move prospective students further down the funnel.
This role is also responsible for training the recruiting staff, overseeing the recruiting budget, prioritizing work on the team, and removing barriers that inhibit their ability to succeed.
Success in this position will require heavy use of data to inform decisions. The Director will work daily in CRM, understand the digital sales and marketing stack, and monitor KPIs in the prospect funnel. The position will oversee data management and analysis for the recruiting function and will disseminate information to stakeholders throughout the college.
ABOUT TIPPIE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
A graduate degree from Tippie's globally respected programs opens doors and propels careers. With nearly 1500 MBA and specialized master's students enrolled in its part-time and full-time programs, Tippie is experiencing growth in a rapidly changing environment. We're progressive when it comes to technology, passionate when it comes to our brand, and data-driven when it comes to decisions.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (KARS)
* Develop, implement, and assess the strategic vision and student recruitment plans for a portfolio of MBA and master's programs.
* In collaboration with the Marketing team, identify target markets and create overall strategies for attracting high-caliber talent.
* Ensure successful execution of recruitment strategies for MBA and master's programs.
* Lead the recruiting team in identifying innovative student acquisition initiatives.
* Implement an effective prospecting plan utilizing the college's CRM system, marketing automation platform, and rich technology stack.
* Help oversee lead acquisition, lead nurture, and lead qualification initiatives. Ensure the integration of automated and personal communications throughout the applicant journey.
* Work closely with the Director of Admissions and the Executive Director of Marketing to align on enrollment targets, including class size and composition, by program. Provide progress reports and opportunity for feedback to internal stakeholders.
* Foster relationships with and support from alumni to help student recruitment efforts.
* Participate in regional, national, and international recruiting events and conferences as needed.
* Partner with the Director of Admissions and program leadership to ensure a seamless student experience from the sales funnel to the application process to enrollment.
* Develop relationships with campus partners and graduate business school organizations to explore new recruiting opportunities.
Data Analysis Research and Reporting:
* Partner with the Executive Director of Marketing to lead a data-informed recruiting operation. Create strategies to maximize the organization's performance in all stages of the prospect funnel.
* Extensively utilize data analytics to inform the overall strategy and evaluate individual recruiting initiatives, including events, activities, and touchpoints.
* Establish and monitor recruiting/sales KPIs to surface growth opportunities and challenges.
* Institutionalize the use of reporting and dashboards, both to maximize the team's performance across KPIs (e.g., speed to lead, enrollments by contact method, win/loss ratio), and to provide transparency to internal stakeholders.
* Create a team culture that embraces the use of data to guide its decisions and ensures data hygiene throughout the college's data ecosystem.
Leadership and Supervision
* Lead and motivate a staff of recruitment professionals to work collaboratively and achieve program goals. Create an open and transparent culture through communication and open dialogue.
* Lead and/or participate in key initiatives that execute program strategy and reach enrollment goals.
* Develop a high-performing, collaborative recruiting team through coaching and mentoring.
* Distribute work and manage the team's capacity in light of changing business priorities throughout the year.
* Oversee hiring, training, and performance evaluation of team members.
* Ensure alignment of recruiting staff around enrollment goals for graduate programs.
* Create a team model where all members of the recruiting team develop deep expertise in specific programs and simultaneously have the ability to represent the entire program portfolio.
Communicating for Effective Relationships:
* Ensure a high degree of alignment between Marketing, Recruiting, and Admissions teams through clear, frequent, and open communication. Identify and address any process and communication gaps.
* Provide transparency to collegiate leadership as it pertains to recruiting efforts.
* Develop training, manuals, and processes to help the recruiting team communicate Tippie's value proposition to prospective students.
* Foster a team culture that delivers a positive brand experience for all prospective students.
Budget Oversight and Management
* Develop, maintain, and monitor the graduate business program recruiting budget and associated financial reports to assess alignment with goals.
* Approve routine expenditures.
Please attach a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how you meet the qualifications listed. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions, additional information and/or a complete job description, please contact Nancy Kroeze at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is an expectation that the person in this position will maintain effective, civil, and respectful working relationships with the University of Iowa campus community and uphold a high standard of cultural competency and respect for difference that represents the Tippie College of Business' commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Successful candidates will be subject to a credential and criminal background check.
Please note regarding references: Five professional references will be requested and required at a later step in the recruitment process.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Typically, five or more years of experience in recruiting, sales, business development, or related experience
* Three or more years successfully leading a team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
* Demonstrated knowledge of the modern sales funnel and stages of the customer journey
* Demonstrated relationship building skills and ability to work with diverse individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel as it relates to data analysis and reporting
* Demonstrated strong process development and project management skills
* Experience managing a budget
* Valid driver's license and ability to meet and maintain UI Fleet Safety Standards
* Ability to travel occasionally, including overnights
* An MBA or Master's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, marketing, education, or related field
* Experience managing a student recruiting function and team, preferably for an AACSB-accredited business school
* Highly developed staff management and leadership skills, with demonstrated experience developing and leading high performing teams
* Experience hiring and onboarding new staff
* Experience using a marketing automation system in a sales, recruiting, or related capacity
* Experience with social selling
* Working knowledge of sales enablement strategies, tools, and implementation
* Demonstrated ability to influence those in and outside the organization
* Experience using content marketing in the sales process
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Internal Number: 19002261_1555440745
About University of Iowa
With over 31,000 students, the University of Iowa is one of the nation's top public research universities, a member of the Big Ten conference and the Association of American Universities. The University of Iowa is composed of eleven colleges and is known around the world for its balanced commitment to the arts, sciences, and humanities. It is home to one of the nation's largest academic medical centers and the pioneering Iowa Writers' Workshop. The University of Iowa promotes work/life integration and is located in the casual yet cosmopolitan environment of Iowa City, widely recognized as one of the country's most livable communities.