1) Be the key member on the QA team for defining and implementing the project Software Quality Assurance Plan, overall testing strategy, and execution of the test automation process.
2) Develop and add automated functional, regression, and performance tests in existing test framework.
3) Responsible for testing activities required for the product to be compliant with technical specifications and policy requirements.
4) Be a major contributor to efforts for test functionalities prior to each release on each tier (QA, Stage and Production) and oversee triage of defects and assist in defect investigation and escalation.
5) Work with internal and external teams to create the test case documents according to the Master Test Plan/Test Strategy and complete the Test Phase.
6) Walk through the test results with the team and communicate status and reports to project leadership and stakeholders.
1) Ability to contribute and influence across a collaborative team environment.
2) Ability to adapt to short sprint cycles and agile experience in the full software lifecycle from design to deployment.
3) Ability and willingness to acquire new programming languages, statistical and computational methods, and background in research area.
4) Ability to prioritize and manage workload, with little guidance, to meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
5) Ability to persuade others to adapt new structures or systems in order to meet objectives.
1) Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or a related field.
2) Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or a relevant quantitative field.
1) Minimum of four (4) years of professional QA experience in testing activities for all phases of the testing lifecycle in an agile environment.
2) Strong experience with automated testing for web UI and REST APIs and tools like Selenium.
3) Experience with unit testing, test case development and management, test automation, and performance/load testing.
5) High performance/ cloud computing experience (OpenStack or AWS or GCP).
6) Experience with using and setting up performance testing tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter, Locust, etc.
7) Unix/Linux programming or system administration experience.
8) CI/CD experience.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR04687
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.