Position Summary: Maintains and updates biographical information on the College's computer information systems in support of College Advancement programs.
Essential Functions: Note: This posting is currently accepting internal applicants only. Internal applicants are active Middlebury College employees and their spouse or partner.
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
* Reviews, analyzes and updates information on College database systems in response to information received through returned mail, e-mails, phonathons, online alumni directory, web update forms, the clipping service and other sources.
* Performs follow-up research or electronic communications to verify and enhance biographical information for College alumni and other constituents, including on- going searches for lost alumni.
* Assists in responding to biographical research requests.
General Responsibilities: * Performs special data entry projects as assigned by Advancement Services leadership.
* Assists other College Advancement staff during times of high volume.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifcation Education: High school diploma required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Data entry speed and accuracy; strong attention to detail; ability to adapt to various computer information systems and changing technology; ability to work independently.
Experience: 1-2 years experience with computer information systems.
From its proud history spanning more than two centuries, Middlebury College has emerged as one of a handful of the most highly regarded liberal arts colleges. Middlebury is unique among these schools in being a classic liberal arts college that also offers graduate and specialized programs operating around the world.