DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Part-time Faculty, University Internship Program
Adjunct (Non-tenure Track)
Position / Posting Information
This pool will close on the date specified in the Close Date field. You will be notified of the closing by email. If you would like to remain in the pool after that time, you will need to resubmit to the new pool posting at: https://facultyopportunities.depaul.edu/
College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
The University Internship Program within the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at DePaul University invites expressions of interest in part-time faculty teaching opportunities. Part-time teaching opportunities are available throughout the academic year. Applicants with expertise that matches course scheduling needs will be contacted for an interview. Academic course schedules fluctuate from quarter to quarter and the department will work with selected individuals to determine a quarterly schedule. Courses are not guaranteed; however the Department does its best to give ample notice about available courses and potential course cancellations.
- Master's Degree - At least 3 years of experience in the workplace - Knowledge of workplace issues, career development, and career trends - Ability to effectively plan and organize online and classroom activities and engaging discussions - Ability to update or provide readings, exercises and assignments that provide “real world” relevance - The time to provide a minimum of 15 hours of instructional time across the ten week quarter to fully engage students and provide evaluation and assessment
- Knowledge of online teaching technologies, e.g., D2L - Teaching experience in Higher Education
Part-time Faculty 133Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
The University Internship Program (UIP) is an academic career-development program, which helps students integrate classroom learning with supervised experiences in the workplace. UIP is open to all undergraduate students. It is part of DePaul's Liberal Studies Program, our general education program, which is the the largest academic program at DePaul.
Enrolling almost 1,000 student a year, UIP consists of seven 4-credit courses, all of which fulfill students' experiential learning requirement. All courses contribute to students becoming highly marketable upon graduation, by enhancing their intellectual and ethical growth, civic and social responsibility, work-related skills and knowledge of career possibilities.
Please click on the link below for a brief description of all of the courses offered by the University Internship Program: http://careercenter.depaul.edu/jobs/internships.aspx
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Please indicate the highest degree you have obtained
Other terminal degree, e.g., JD
* Please indicate the field of study of your highest degree
(Open Ended Question)
* Please list any professional-level certifications
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you have at least 3 years of teaching experience at the collegiate level?
* Please indicate the number of years of full-time work experience you have had.
Less than 1 year
1 - 2 years
2 - 3 years
3 - 4 years
* Please indicate your field of expertise. Please limit your response to two sentences.
(Open Ended Question)
Reference Contact Info
Internal Number: 109203340
About DePaul University
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us. DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.