To work as a team member to 1) facilitate the TitanConnect transfer articulation process (for new, current, and potential students) and 2) build and maintain the Degree Evaluation system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Build and maintain transfer equivalency database in Banner between UDM and transfer institutions. This involves SOABGTA, SHATGRD, SHATATC, SHATATR.
(2) Work directly with faculty, staff, and chairpersons to identify course equivalencies and/or core attributes from transfer institutions and maintain these on a regular basis.
(3) Maintain Excel tracking list of names/transcripts processed.
(4) Input data from all transcripts for new and current students into Banner. Transfer Equivalency Worksheets and letters are sent to the appropriate college/school and to new students. This involves SHATRNS, SHATAEQ, and SHRTAEQ.
(5) Degree Evaluation (CAPP) system: use regularly when posting transfer credits as a way to check courses/equivalencies/duplicates etc. Build new and maintain current degree programs; make substitutions/waivers/adjustments. Work with all UDM colleges/schools in this process. This involves knowledge of SSB as well as INB forms: SMASADJ, SMASARA, SMASPRG, SMAPROG, SMAAREA
(6) Prepare new and update current transfer documents for primary feeder institutions on the university web page. Work with UDM departments and other institutions as needed in this process. These documents include Transfer Credit System, Transfer Guides, Nursing/Dental Hygiene Transfer Table, AP, IB, etc.
(7) Work with students (current and prospective) and advisors via email/phone/in-person to confirm or determine transferability of courses. Assist students with understanding their Degree Evaluation.
(8) Assist overall office of the Registrar as needed.
(9) Work with office of Admissions as needed.
(10) Scan documents
(11) Assist athletic department with student-athlete transfers. Complete forms as needed.
(12) Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Experience with Banner INB forms, specifically those relating to this position, are preferred. However, a willingness and ability to learn new Banner INB forms and processes is essential.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requires great attention to detail in the analysis and input of student transcript information. Good communication, interpersonal and writing skills are also needed. Helpful to have prior experience as an academic advisor, working with transfer and/or international students.
As new projects and needs arise within the team, be an active contributor to the planning and process of solutions. Have the ability to coordinate/manage projects with limited structure/input from supervisors. Able to see how the work of this position fits into the overall student record system maintained by the University.
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Open Date: 04/11/2019
Salary/Pay Information: Commensurate with experience
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. (some evenings and weekends may be necessary).
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: AH9961-CA001-2006-1103
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.