Pay Range: Commensurate with education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: The Strategic Enrollment Analyst reports to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation (IEA). This position involves a high level of judgment and autonomy and requires good knowledge of university policies and procedures. Duties involve assisting the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management (EM) and the IEA director with studies and projects, including needs analyses, market analysis and predictive modeling primarily for Enrollment Management. However it includes other duties as assigned. This position will collect, extract and analyze programmatic data; identify trends; prepare high level reports, and communicate findings to support data driven decision making (the position requires an experienced professional with significant expertise and initiative); work closely with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation, and Enrollment Management; serve as a member of the Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation team that is responsible for assisting with the reporting and data analytics associated with the university enrollment.
- A bachelors degree in a field related to educational research, statistics, or business intelligence.
- Experience with training and proficiency with research design, data collection and analysis.
- Experience with pulling data from a relational database, then analyze and report data and information for strategic decision making.
- Experience using statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, etc., work with data dictionaries and use computer applications relevant to enrollment management and institutional research.
- Experience working with complex files/tables.
- Experience working both independently and as a team member, exercise consistent discretion and judgment.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- A masters degree in a field related to educational research, statistics, business intelligence, higher education management, psychometrics, assessment or management information systems.
- Dedication to integrity, consistency and accuracy in all aspects of reporting.
- Experience developing and maintaining dashboards for key performance measurements.
- Experience working within Enrollment management and developing/maintaining systems for delivery of management information and decision support. CRM systems such as Hobsons, Banner or similar.
- Experience working with SAS and SQL as a data management and reporting tools.
- Ability to identify and implement creative solutions to problems.
- Knowledge of post secondary education environments and familiarity with the University of Idaho in particular.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002145P
Posting Date: 04/05/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: Applicants, please provide a letter of application which addresses the areas of responsibility and all the required and applicable preferred qualifications for the position.First consideration will be given to applications received no later than May 6, 2019.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.