Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/.
Department: 117109 - West District - Jackson
Location: Sylva, NC
Essential Job Duties:
The Extension Administrative Assistant is the office manager for the County Extension Center. This position provides administrative support for Extension staff and programs.
- Greeting the public
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Financial record management and budget tracking
- Maintaining office supplies
- Document formatting and proofreading
- Maintaining office records
- Office technology (computer) contact
- Assist with office compliance of all local, state, federal, and NC Cooperative Extension guidelines
- Assist Extension agents in marketing programs
Graduation from high school and two years of related experience; or graduation from a two-year secretarial science or business administration program and one year related experience
- Must have the ability to work with diverse audiences
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to switch tasks quickly
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must possess efficient keyboarding and computer skills
-Customer Service & Hospitality
- Experience with budgeting, customer service and social media marketing preferred
- Must be motivated and comfortable taking initiative with assigned tasks
- Must be a team member dedicated to supporting a positive and creative work environment
- Experience with web page management, desktop publishing, and newsletter design and preparation are preferred
- Previous Cooperative Extension experience is preferred
Required license or certification:
Position Number: WT-00042614-0319
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
NC State University was founded with a purpose: to create economic, societal, and intellectual prosperity for the people of North Carolina and the country. We began as a land-grant institution teaching the agricultural and mechanical arts. Today, we’re a preeminent research enterprise that excels in science, technology, engineering, math, design, the humanities and social sciences, textiles, and veterinary medicine.NC State students, faculty, and staff take challenges in hand and work with industry, government, and nonprofit partners to solve them. Our 9,000 faculty and staff are world leaders in their fields, bridging the divides between academic disciplines and training high-caliber students to meet tomorrow’s challenges. Together, they forge powerful partnerships with government, industry, nonprofits, and academia to change our world for the better.NC State is leading efforts to curb nuclear proliferation, develop a smart electric grid, create self-powered health monitors, help farmers confront climate change, and build a new American manufacturing sector. Our award-winning Centennial Campus is home to more than 70 public and private partners — as well as the innovative Hunt Lib...rary, which Time magazine has dubbed “the library of the future.”More than 125 years after its creation, NC State continues to make its founding purpose a reality. Every day, our career-ready graduates and world-leading faculty make the fruits of learning and discovery available to people across the state, throughout the nation and around the world.