Special Assistant for Communications and Research, Office of the President
Job ID: 2019-9788 Type: Full-Time # of Openings: 1 Category: Communications and Public Relations Princeton University
Princeton University seeks a skilled, creative, hard-working individual to undertake, manage, and support a broad range of communications projects on behalf of the Office of the President. The Special Assistant to the President for Communications and Research will work directly with the President and the Vice President and Secretary of the University, assisting with the preparation of speeches, reports, presentations, videos, statements, articles, correspondence, and other materials. The Special Assistant will serve as a key liaison between the president’s office and the offices of communications and public affairs to help advance University-wide communications and messaging goals.
This role is ideally suited to a pro-active and energetic individual with interests and talents in writing, editing, strategic communications, and higher education administration.
* Superb writing capabilities, including an ability to write quickly, persuasively, clearly and in the president's style on a wide variety of subjects related to the University and higher education, at times on tight or unexpected deadlines
* Demonstrated aptitude for understanding complex issues and the ability to translate and simplify them for key audiences
* Ability and willingness to meet the president's expectations for written style and content and to accept and respond to revisions and advice rapidly and effectively
* High level of integrity, trustworthiness, and respect
* Flexibility and adaptability, including a willingness to undertake both mundane and high-profile tasks with enthusiasm and energy
* Strong research skills and a demonstrated ability to attend carefully to both grammatical and factual details
* Ability to take initiative and work independently
* Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to keep track of and meet numerous deadlines; ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner and effectively re-prioritize responsibilities
* High level of discretion and excellent judgment; ability to work with and manage confidential information
* Experience at, or extensive familiarity with, Princeton University or another institution of higher education strongly preferred
* Experience as a successful writer, in a journalistic, speech-writing, academic, or other context
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Internal Number: 108527563
About Princeton University
Princeton University is a vibrant community of scholarship and learning that stands in the nation's service and in the service of all nations. Chartered in 1746, Princeton is the fourth-oldest college in the United States. Princeton is an independent, coeducational, nondenominational institution that provides undergraduate and graduate instruction in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and engineering.As a world-renowned research university, Princeton seeks to achieve the highest levels of distinction in the discovery and transmission of knowledge and understanding. At the same time, Princeton is distinctive among research universities in its commitment to undergraduate teaching.Today, more than 1,100 faculty members instruct approximately 5,200 undergraduate students and 2,600 graduate students. The University's generous financial aid program ensures that talented students from all economic backgrounds can afford a Princeton education.