Allied Health - Staff/Administrative, Other Staff/Administrative, Staff/Administrative
Position Title: Mobile Programs Coordinator
Classification Title: FT Administrative Hourly
City/Campus: Detroit - Corktown
Department: Dental Clinic
Position Status: Full Time
This is a full-time position responsible for all activities related to the UDM School of Dentistry’s Mobile Dental Program. The individual will be required to assist the Director of Community Dentistry & Outreach in managing the UDM School of Dentistry’s Mobile Dental Programs which includes school based preventive and comprehensive care programs as well as providing mobile dental services to adults and seniors.
The Program Coordinator collaborates with and supports the mobile dental van manager, faculty, students, Community Programs Coordinator and community partners in order to optimize the performance of the mobile dental programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Mobile Program Operations – Primary task will be to recruit, coordinate, schedule, and confirm requests for mobile dental clinics all K-12 schools and other community sites in the State of Michigan.
- Respond to parent inquiries regarding dental school services, clinic policies and procedures; advise patients of services available, billing procedures, regulations and other related information.
- As a part of the school based programs, distribute and collect consent forms, verify insurance program eligibility and work with parents/guardian to enroll the child in the Medicaid program based on eligibility.
- Work with the Mobile Dental Van Manager, to input patient registration and/or billing information into system following specific guidelines and instructions; retrieve data and prepare a variety of reports related to patient services, patient insurance, billings and financial status.
- Create and manage students schedules, credentialing and other rotation related tasks.
(2) Grants & Other Program Activities - Assists in the timely submission and management of grants related to the Mobile Dental Program. Support Director in compiling data, budgets, work plans, and other resources for writing the proposals including drafting certain documents.
- Will be responsible for compiling and submission of all Mobile Dental Program grant related reports (progress reports, data reports, financial reports, etc.). Set up and support the completion of necessary audit reviews from granting organizations.
- Periodically visit community partners to perform on-going assessments of program effectiveness. – In collaboration with the Community Programs Coordinator coordinate public forums, special events and initiatives as related to the school based program.
- Provide information and reports as needed to the Community Programs Coordinator to develop public information documents, newsletters, brochures and department web-pages.
(3) Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education (Minimum/Preferred): - A Bachelor degree in Social work
- Six months to two years experience.
- Relevant experience in community, public or media relations; marketing, events management not required, but preferred.
- Experience in managing grants and writing grants not required but preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent management, interpersonal and communication skills, including exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate with members of diverse cultural, socioeconomic and disadvantaged groups.
- Able to garner support, and cooperation from community groups, business leaders, faculty and students.
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping.
Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Open Date: 03/12/2019
Salary/Pay Information: Commensurate with experience
Anticipated Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:30 – 5:00. Some evening and week ends required.
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: AH9975-PC001-0605-1095
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.