DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Adjunct Faculty in Visual Effects
Adjunct (Non-tenure Track)
Position / Posting Information
This pool will close on the date specified in the Close Date field. You will be notified of the closing by email. If you would like to remain in the pool after that time, you will need to resubmit to the new pool posting at: https://facultyopportunities.depaul.edu/
College of Computing and Digital Media
DePaul's College of Computing & Digital Media (CDM) is located in the heart of Chicago's Loop, the central business district of Chicago. CDM students come from a variety of backgrounds and cultures therefore CDM is interested in recruiting and maintaining a diverse faculty. Part-time teaching positions are available throughout the academic year, including summer sessions. Academic course schedules fluctuate from quarter to quarter, and the college will work with selected individuals to determine a quarterly schedule. Courses are not guaranteed, however the college does its best to give ample notice about available courses. Applicants with expertise that matches course scheduling needs will be contacted for an interview.
The School of Cinematic Arts (SCA) offers courses on both the Loop and Lincoln Park campuses. Serving over 1,000 students majoring in Film and Television, Digital Cinema, Screenwriting, Documentary and Animation, SCA provides general education courses in the Arts and Literature liberal studies domain.
Minimum requirements include a master's degree in the discipline, or 18 semester/27 quarter hours of graduate work in the discipline, or an undergraduate degree with a minimum of five years demonstrated relevant professional experience. Exceptions may be considered with approval of the dean.
Part-time Faculty 311Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
DePaul University's School of Cinematic Arts is expanding its visual effects curriculum and hiring experienced visual effects artists to teach courses in all phases of the production pipeline.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Have you worked as a professional visual effects artist or filmmaker, screened your work or been awarded in major film festivals or contests, or earned a graduate degree in visual effects or a related field?
* Do you have a graduate degree in visual effects or a related field?
* If you have a graduate degree that is not in visual effects, please describe the degree you earned in one phrase.
(Open Ended Question)
* Please indicate the number of years of professional experience you have in visual effects.
* Please list your areas of expertise in visual effects (modeling, rigging , shading, animation, simulations, lighting, compositing, previsualization, VFX supervision, VFX cinematography, VFX on set production, etc).
(Open Ended Question)
* Have projects featuring your visual effects work been professionally distributed and/or broadcast?
* Have projects featuring your visual effects work screened at major film festivals and/or been awarded in major contests?
* Please indicate the number of years of experience you have in teaching visual effects or filmmaking as the instructor of record (not teaching or graduate assistant) at the college level, in a brick and mortar classroom.
1 semester, or 1-2 quarters
* Please indicate the number of years of experience you have teaching visual effects or filmmaking online.
1 semester, or 1-2 quarters
* Do you have graduate-level educational experience or college-level teaching experience in film and liberal studies, in one of the following areas?
Art and film
Philosophy and film
Ethics and film
Science and film
Reference Contact Info
Internal Number: 108432843
About DePaul University
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us. DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.