Job Description Summary The physical demands of this position range from LIGHT to MEDIUM. This position involves daily cleaning and maintenance activities including: cleaning wash rooms, rest rooms, floors, carpets, interior and exterior waste baskets, urns and receptacles; trash removal to waste collection areas; cleaning and polishing furniture, drinking fountains, brass and stainless fixtures, etc.; furniture moving and set up during university functions and seasonal salting , sanding and snow removal. These are completed in accordance with all applicable OSHA regulations and established schedules and procedures at Bentley University. Standing, walking, lifting, carrying and reaching are performed on a frequent to constant basis. Bending, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling and twisting are performed on an occasional to frequent basis. The heaviest physical demands are required during handling of floor and tile care products, paper and plastic supplies, furniture moving and snow removal. These activities require handling of 20-50 pounds of load resistance on an occasional basis. Heavier tasks may require the assistance of (2) or more co-workers.
1. Performs all floor maintenance in accordance with industry standards.
2. Properly cares for and maintains the equipment under their charge, vacuums, floor machines, etc.
3. Safety shoes and Bentley uniforms are required to be worn at all times. Eye and hearing protection will need to be worn during certain tasks.
4. Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of buildings and adjacent ground areas. Empties and cleans interior and exterior waste baskets, smoking urns, and receptacles and delivers waste to designated collecting area. Maintains and monitors immediate building exterior.
5. Cleans and polishes office furniture: e.g. desks, tables, book cases and file cabinets. Responsible for detail work: e.g. polishing brass, stainless steel, and drinking fountains.
6. Cleans and dusts ledges, corners, baseboards, and all furniture without disturbing customer's personal belongings.
7. Cleans and maintains a (clean for health) sanitary condition in both wash and rest rooms, drinking fountains, locker rooms, etc.
8. Participates in training to keep and acquire knowledge, skills, and abilities to remain current with standard operational practices and revised standards.
9. Follows proper clean-up and recycling procedures as well as observe all safety rules and regulations (includingOSHAregulations) while handling and/or caring for Bentley tools and equipment, to avoid injury to self and others.
10. Reports building damages, malfunctioning equipment, needed maintenance and/or repairs in assigned work areas.
11. Moves and sets up furniture and equipment associated with on-going university operations and functions as per building specifications and frequencies. Performs light furniture moves in assigned buildings for cleaning and safety concerns.
12. Responds to campus cleaning emergencies.
13. Responds to emergency call-in situations.
14. Interacts professionally with all members of the Bentley community.
15. Inputs data into the computerized work order system, recording time and work order information.
1. Maintains and monitors immediate building exterior removing litter and snow, as well as the salting and sanding of walks, porches, entrances and stairways.
2. Provides appropriate support during major campus activities including but not limited to: snow removal, freshman orientation, open house, opening/closing of school, baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate commencement.
3. Changes lights bulbs as needed.
4. May be required to assist other trades as directed by Facilities Manager.
5. Performs all other related duties necessary to meet Facilities Management requirements.
1. A minimum of 1-3 years experience is preferred.
2. Must be physically able to perform the essential duties of the position as set forth in this Position Content Description.
3. Must be able to read, write and interpret all documents in the English language, e.g. safety rules, material data sheets (MSDS), operating repair, installation and procedure instruction manuals.
4. Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
5. Must be available for emergency call in situations.
6. Use of a motor vehicle is required for transportation of tools and equipment for job-related duties. Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier. May be required to drive a Bentley issued vehicle
7. Properly uses and cares for Bentley tools, radios and equipment.
1. Ability to squat, kneel and maintain bent postures from 5 minutes up to 10 minutes for a continuous duration, on an occasional to frequent basis.
2. Ability to walk for up to 300-feet on a repetitive basis and climb up to 24 steps on an occasional basis.
3. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds individually and up to 100-pounds with assistance, 0-72 inch height range, on an occasional to frequent basis.
4. Ability to carry up to 25-pounds, at waist level for up to 25 feet on an occasional to frequent basis.
5. Ability to push and pull against resistances up to 50-pounds on an occasional basis.
6. Ability to extend reach with both arms, from floor level to overhead, handling up to 25-pounds on an occasional basis.
7. Ability to manipulate small parts, machine and computer controls and various hand tools on a frequent basis.
Work Environment May be exposed to seasonal temperature extremes, including occasional wet and slippery conditions. Occasionally working near moving mechanical parts is required. Close spaces, working at heights, climbing both ladders and stairs, and working with various cleaning chemicals should also be expected on an occasional to frequent basis. Noise levels may vary from moderate to occasionally high depending on the work situation.
Physical Demands 1. Ability to squat, kneel and maintain bent postures from 5 minutes up to 10 minutes for a continuous duration, on an occasional to frequent basis. 2. Ability to walk for up to 300-feet on a repetitive basis and climb up to 24 steps on an occasional basis. 3. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds individually and up to 100-pounds with assistance, 0-72 inch height range, on an occasional to frequent basis. 4. Ability to carry up to 25-pounds, at waist level for up to 25 feet on an occasional to frequent basis. 5. Ability to push and pull against resistances up to 50-pounds on an occasional basis. 6. Ability to extend reach with both arms, from floor level to overhead, handling up to 25-pounds on an occasional basis. 7. Ability to manipulate small parts, machine and computer controls and various hand tools on a frequent basis.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Internal Number: 108438437
About Bentley University
Bentley University is one of the nation's leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader and one with the deep technical skills, the broad global perspective and the high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. To achieve our goal, we infuse our advanced business curriculum with the richness of a liberal arts education. The results are graduates who are making an impact in their chosen fields and turning their passions into success stories. Located on a classic New England campus just minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars and creative thinkers.