Massachusetts College of Art and Design’s Administration and Finance Department is seeking an experienced individual to join the team.
The Director of Business Operations & Financial Reporting performs these essential duties:
- All necessary functions to account for and ensure proper reporting of all College financial activities.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for presentation to the Board of Trustees.
- Prepare and disseminate financial information to College administrators and staff.
- Process Budget & Expenditure reports for the various budget managers of the College.
Auditing: • Prepare and co-ordinate with College staff the audit schedules needed for year end. • Work with the College auditors in the preparation of the College’s Financial Statements. • Work with auditors and College staff on other audit activities.
- Prepare and process College financial data for external needs and requirements.
- Monitor & review the College’s financial activity on the College’s general ledger system.
- Monitor, review and process activity on the state’s accounting system (MMARS) for College accounts.
- Monitor, review and maintain the College’s budget during the current year.
- Create other financial reports as needed and as systems or business processes changes.
- Assist with the review and updating of Internal Controls along with Risk Assessments.
- Perform account reconciliations along with follow-up on any variances.
- Assist the Accounting Office with accounts payable, cash disbursement and other activities.
- Work collaboratively with other directors in managing business activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Promote the College’s commitment to customer service by:
• Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the College by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed. • Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Review of applications will begin April 23rd
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field.
Five plus years of work experience in an accounting setting.
Proven history of generating and producing financial reports.
Past experience working with enterprise solution databases such as Ellucian Colleague or similar applications.
Experience working with Auditors
Proficiency with database software and file structures
Ability to design reports through the use of query tools and different software
Ability to import and export files in different systems and software
Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
About Massachusetts College of Art and Design
The five educational institutions that make up Colleges of the Fenway view diversity as a key component in the growth of our students' educational experience as well as our ongoing journey as professionals charged with maintaining the world class status of our institutions. By drawing from a wide cultural palette, we ensure that we have access to the full range of talent available. Through our respect for the vast array of backgrounds we create an environment that will help that talent grow. It is within an environment of respect that we are able to build and work toward our goals. Our goal is to create an atmosphere that values mutual respect. All Colleges of the Fenway members have policies and practices designed to safeguard our healthy environment as well as provide the support and access needed to do so. The Colleges of the Fenway are located in the heart of Boston?s academic, scientific and cultural communities and is within walking distance from landmarks such as the Museum of Fine Arts, Fenway Park, Symphony Hall and world renowned medical institutions. Jobs at Emmanuel College: http://emmanuel.edu/About_Emmanuel/Employment.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Art and Desig...n: http://www.massart.edu/About_MassArt/Careers.htmlJobs at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: http://www.mcphs.edu/about-mcphs/careers-at-mcphsJobs at Simmons College: http://simmons.edu/overview/about/jobs/Jobs at Wentworth Institute of Technology: https://jobs.wit.edu/