JOB SUMMARY: Provides leadership over large Information Technology departments by developing goals, strategic objectives, policies and procedures. Prepares operating budgets and performs personnel administration functions.
Develops goals and objectives for the department based on interpretation of institutional policy and goals.
Ensures the most effective operations of the department through program development, process improvement and coordination/integration of processes with other departments.
Defines and achieves financial targets in support of business goals.
Identifies, establishes and evaluates quality assurance standards, programs, and procedures within department.
Ensures work supports the vision and mission of the institution.
LEADERSHIP - (EXPERT):- Clearly, credibly and consistently articulates visions and strategies. Highly respected by subordinates, peers and superiors. Fosters commitment, creativity and mutual trust. Challenges staff to risk-taking and highest levels of achievement. Known throughout the organization as an excellent leader who achieves results.
OPERATIONS PLANNING - (EXPERT):- Widely regarded as an expert in matching people, equipment and capital resources to meet difficult task and organizational demands on schedule and within budget for diverse, multi-functional areas. Clearly identifies how detail tasks and assignments contribute to the broad goals of the organization. Integrates new ideas and innovations into the organization. Demonstrates expertise in the construction and implementation of matrix management resource schemes.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT - (EXPERT):- Widely regarded as an effective people manager by peers, subordinates and superiors. Has extensive knowledge and experience in the practical application of management, behavioral and organizational theory.
COMPLIANCE - (EXPERT):- Demonstrates expert knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations as they apply to the company. Makes recommendations about the interpretation of complex and new rules and regulations to senior management and the appropriate industry organizations. Represents the company at industry forums and meetings. Asked by senior management to prepare information for use in presentations to industry boards and authorities.
BUSINESS RESULTS - (EXPERT):- Widely regarded as able to meet the most difficult and challenging business goals and objectives. Often assigned to manage critical projects by senior management. Able to uncover, capitalize, and profit from business opportunities in areas deemed to be of limited potential. Able to apply structures, yardsticks, and other devices to complex business objectives which measure and track organizational success.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT - (EXPERT):- Is a recognized expert and authority in quality management techniques. Acknowledged by others as improving business processes that go beyond the scope of immediate personal and team tasks and responsibilities. Recognized for excellence in the delivery of superior individual and/or team products and services. Has led successful efforts resulting in highly effective new products and services.
Organizational Impact: Implements strategies for a sub function with direct impact to the function results.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Resolves highly complex business issues that are often unprecedented that have immediate impact on own sub-function or entity and wider implications to the organization.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies expertise within professional/technical area and uses advanced business knowledge to develop objectives.
Team Interaction: Leads a sub-function serving the organization at large or across one or more entity(s).
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (M4):
- Develops Self and Others: Acts upon constructive feedback from all levels of the organization and initiates strategies to develop talent in others.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Leverages relationships and insight to forecast potential future needs and influence delivery of work to exceed expectations.
- Communicates Effectively: Anticipates different audience concerns, styles and finds mutually beneficial solutions across conflicting and sensitive issues.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (M4):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of broad-based issues and considers the interests of others to improve satisfaction of services.
- Solves Complex Problems: Critically evaluates complex information and identifies trends/ risks to make recommendations to improve processes across areas.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing feedback and development discussions to motivate and support team members to maximize performance.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (M4):
- Performs Excellent Work: Anticipates problems or obstacles which may interfere with quality standards and develops plans to ensure areaâs quality standards are met.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Routinely draws upon valuable learning from others, past experiences, and new information to determine key opportunities.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Develops appropriate corrective actions for unsafe environments in order to ensure operational and safety compliance.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (M4):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Identifies potential obstacles to goal achievement and develops solutions to address those obstacles.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Creates the appropriate systems and processes to effectively manage resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Applies in-depth knowledge of data to recommend and implement new approaches to improve decision making capabilities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (M4):
- Generates New Ideas: Identifies opportunities and leads development of new initiatives that create value across areas .
- Applies Technology: Creates the energy and drive for self/others to identify and leverage technology in new, innovative ways to drive greater efficiencies.
- Adapts to Change: Anticipates the change process and clearly communicates impact on others/own team(s), assisting them in embracing the change.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.