School of Medicine-RC - United States-Pennsylvania - (19002203)
The University of Pittsburgh is seeking a qualified Department Administrator to provide strategic decision-making, policy development, and policy implementation for the business unit.
The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Department Chair to develop and implement strategic plans focused on the growth and development of clinical and academic programs. This position is accountable for the operation's performance (service, quality, and financial) of the business unit, ensuring compliance with all state, federal and regulatory agencies, and creating and managing the operating and capital budgets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field / 10 years of experience / 7 years in a management capacity
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field / FMR Program Graduate / 8 years of experience / 7 years in a management capacity
- Master's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field / 8 years of experience / 7 years in a management capacity
- Master's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field / Fellowship Program Graduate / 8 years of experience / 7 years in a management capacity
- Experience in health care setting, emphasizing accounting systems, knowledge of third-party billing and reimbursement mechanisms, grant and contract administration, financial reporting, internal controls, operational management, information systems, and business planning are required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, staff, CEO, CFO, corporate, university, hospital administration, and other senior leadership.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws as they pertain to physician BU management, preferred.
- Prior experience in an academic medical setting, preferred.
- Prior experience in specialty administration, preferred.
Assignment Category: Fulltime-Regular
Job Classification: Staff.Administrator.V
Minimum Education Level Required: Baccalaureate
Minimum Experience Level Required: 6-9 years experience
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Hiring Range: $62,556.00 - $102,180.00
Relocation Offered: No
Visa Sponsorship Provided: No
Background Check: For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances: Not Applicable
Required Documents: Resume, Cover Letter
Internal Number: 19002203
About University of Pittsburgh
Founded in 1787, the same year the U.S. Constitution was signed, the University of Pittsburgh is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. One of three state-related research universities in Pennsylvania, Pitt is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which comprises 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research institutions in North America.Pitt faculty members have expanded knowledge in the humanities and sciences, earning such prestigious honors as the National Medal of Science, the MacArthur Foundation’s “genius” grant, the Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award, and election to the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine. Pitt scientists have defeated polio, unlocked the secrets of DNA, lead the world in organ transplantation, and pioneered TV and heavier-than-air flight, among numerous other accomplishments.Pitt students have earned Rhodes, Goldwater, Marshall, and Truman Scholarships, among other highly competitive national and international scholarships.Alumni have pioneered MRI and TV, won Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, led corporations and universities, served in government and the military, conquered Hollywood and The New York Times bestsellers list, and won Super Bowls and NBA championships.