Advertised Summary Job Description: The Assistant Practice Manager will report to the Practice Plan Director.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provides administrative and supervisory support to the Practice Plan Director, as needed for Diagnostic Radiology on all issues related to patient care, quality assurance, policy and procedure, compliance, human resources, marketing and outreach, referring physicians concerns, revenue cycle and operations.
- Takes measures to correct and/or resolve situations and ensures that appropriate personnel are involved in consultation with the Practice Plan Director.
- Orders supplies for Diagnostic front end and works with Administrative Assistant with POs and reimbursements. Assists with departmental purchase orders as needed.
- Communicates with vendors regarding orders and deliveries. Reviews and prepares all invoices for Manager's approval.
- With the direction of the Practice Plan Director, trains and tracks Departmental productivity and HR Policy and Procedure.
- In the absence of the Practice Plan Director, directs the activities of the staff with authority to discipline and make decisions.
- Works with the radiologists on a daily basis as needed to facilitate workflow and patient care.
- Assists with addressing patient concerns and implementing Departmental goals to meet and exceed target patient satisfaction scores.
- Assists in coordination with other key management leaders in overseeing scheduling as it relates to Radiology RIS/PACS system, CROWN and patient flow.
- Trains and covers staff vacations for the front desk. Acts as the liaison between all other radiology facilities within the Columbia/NYP network.
- Works with the Practice Plan Director on departmental projects including but not limited to install/upgrade of equipment, IT upgrades, strategic initiatives to promote increase in practice volume and implementation of new programs/projects.
- Generates monthly performance metrics for management's review and identifies areas of concern and proposed solutions.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
The position will require approximately 10% local travel for meetings across multiple sites.
General Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus four (4) years of relevant experience, which should include healthcare workflow operations and front end management.
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: Must have strong strategic planning and implementation skills; ability to communicate effectively; superior communications, written and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of current technology including EPIC, preferred.
Candidate must be a strategic thinker with strong proven leadership capabilities; and have a track record of partnership development (business to business and client to client). Self-motivated and ability to effectively prioritize and implement multiple priorities in a cross functional team required.
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Internal Number: 126_175008
About Columbia University
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.