Macalester College is now accepting applications for our Registrar position. This leadership position leads, plans, organizes and manages all aspects of the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar’s Office is responsible for creation of the College Catalog, class schedule, classroom assignments, student registration, grade collection, issuance of transcripts, evaluation of transfer credit, certification of eligibility for athletics, verification of student enrollment and status, monitoring progress toward graduation, and verifying completion of the degree. The Registrar’s Office is also responsible for maintaining all types of academic records, using a variety of technologies, with the utmost attention to accuracy, security and privacy of those records. Reporting to the Provost, the Registrar works closely with faculty on issues related to academic policy and curriculum changes, and collaborates with a variety of colleagues across the college to ensure the best possible educational experience for Macalester students. Of additional relevance to this role, Macalester College is a single undergraduate degree institution that operates on one academic calendar.
· Advises students, faculty, staff on college policy/procedures and works on issues/problems associated with these (e.g., registration, graduation, grading, study away, all manner of policies & requirements)
· Manages recurring and unique projects throughout the year, related to curriculum and academic life.
· Ensures the operational effectiveness of department technology, which currently includes Banner ERP, Acalog, On Base, and DegreeWorks to name a few.
· Maintains academic records: on-site and off-site; on paper and electronically; of students, catalogs, and other historical pieces.
· Actively serves on committees that oversee educational policy and governance, study abroad programs and Commencement.
· Communicates and cooperatively works with stakeholders related to FERPA compliance and education, student orientation, and the Offices of Financial Aid and Student Accounts.
· Purposefully manages department in a manner that drives engagement, development and a service mentality.
· Engages in and promotes Macalester’s culture of diversity and inclusion, encompassing individuals of any heritage, identity, status or orientation.
Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in a Registrar’s Office, including direct supervision and development of staff within a Registrar’s office.
High functionality with standard office software programs and other software applications utilized in the day to day work of a modern Registrar’s Office.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of rules, regulations, and compliance issues in the Registrar’s Office and other enrollment-related areas, including but not limited to FERPA.
Demonstrative organizational and problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize your workload while supporting multiple individuals.
Interest and aptitude in customer service and interpersonal relations, including strong written and verbal communication with a variety of colleagues and clients.
Ability and willingness to support, respect and commit to embracing diverse backgrounds, values, and points of view in order to foster an inclusive work environment.
Ability to maintain confidentiality standards.
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Macalester College
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester College, located in St. Paul, Minnesota, has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. The educational experience at Macalester supports the development of individuals who make informed judgments and interpretations of the broader world around them and choose actions or beliefs for which they are willing to be held accountable. Preparing students for engaged citizenship and effective civic leadership is a critical part of Macalester’s mission. Students develop the ability to seek and use knowledge and experience in contexts that challenge and inform their suppositions about the world.
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and veterans.