Locatedin Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals whocome to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a placewhere your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilitieschallenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learningand leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know theyare part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride intheir work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advancehealth and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, andresearch.
Welcome to VanderbiltAsthma, Sinus and Allergy Program (ASAP):
Weare the first multi-specialty program in the country dedicated to treatingairway diseases. Ifyou have asthma, allergy or sinus problems, we offer total care includingtesting, treatment, resolution and management â all under one roof.
Ifyou need relief from allergy, sinus or asthma issues, we can help you feelbetter fast. Vanderbilt is the first multi-specialty program in thecountry dedicated to the evaluation, treatment, and management of airwaydiseases. Patients have access to a total care system that encompassesevaluation, treatment, resolution, and management.
Ourmain office location is on West End Avenue next to Vanderbilt University andwhere the position is available. Additional locations are in Brentwood andFranklin, offer complete services, and include free onsite parking.
Mondayâ Thursday 7:30 a.m.â 4:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30a.m.â 12:00 p.m.
Provides service to patient either pre-appointment, during or postappointment with occasional guidance. Responsibilities may includeinbound/outbound telephone calls, cash management, appointment scheduling,process of insurance updates and patient check in/out. Navigates more complexpatients to include scheduling with multiple services or coordination withoutside facilities or providers.
Conducts patient check-in and check-out.
Coordinates any follow-up appointments or procedures required for patient.
Schedules appointments, procedures or surgery through clinical communication or direct request.
Provides positive first impressions utilizing customer service skills.
Works with patients and/or outside facilities to ensure all administrative tasks, including; referrals, pre-certs, clinical records and documentation, orders and consults have been received and ready to view prior to patient visit.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (INTERMEDIATE):- A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (NOVICE):- The ability to receive and record patient information.
PATIENT SCHEDULING (NOVICE):- The ability to coordinate and schedule patient appointments, surgeries and other office visits with various computer systems in the hospital or clinic.
SURGERY SCHEDULING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- The ability to coordinate and schedule surgeries within various computer systems in the hospital.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION (NOVICE):- The ability to comprehend medical terminology and documentation in an office, or surgical setting.
Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Preferred Education,Skills, and Experiences:
Strong customer service experience is critical for this position
Ability to get the job done and maintain a smooth clinic flow
Medical office / clinic experience highly desired
Internal candidates preferred
Familiar with eStar and EPIC
Mondayâ Friday 8:00 a.m. â 5:00 p.m.
Becausewe are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research,we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
Â·US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health CareProvider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatricclinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Â·Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
Â·Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitalsin America"
Â·The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
Â·National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grantawardees for medical research in the US
Â·American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 facultymembers elected fellows in 2014
Â·Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only grouphonored in Tennessee
Â·Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
Â·American Hospital Association: among the 100 "MostWired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.